Won't Shut Up About You

The rest of the day was spent with the girls as we played games and told stories that just made no sense. Leah kept close to me which didn't go unnoticed by a few girls. Yet, they didn't say anything as no one wanted to ask the burning question. I had not laid eyes on Morgan since we finished but I was sure she was using her mouth to cause trouble. Right now, I need a nap. So as I walked to my room all I could think about was laying down in bed and falling asleep. My journey was made longer by Kiera even though it wasn't an unpleasant surprise.

"Alexis!" She called as I headed into the elevator. 

"Where are you running too?" 

"To my room to get something. You?"

"Gonna take a nap." I answered while wiggling my shoulders which earned a laugh from Kiera.

We continued with small talk until the elevator stopped on our floor. Then her mood changed slightly which was still very noticeable.  

"Are you okay?" I asked as we walked along the halls making our way to our rooms which were near to each other.

"It's just that, how did you and Leah become friends so quickly?" She asked, now standing face to face.

It got to me as it was another question regarding Leah and it was probably fueled by what Morgan has been telling people. Yet, a part of me felt safer talking to her as I knew she wasn't a shit talking bitch and was Leah's close friend. 

"Umm, I honestly don't know. It still puzzles me." I tried to laugh it off but it was so obvious I wanted to avoid the topic.

"Well, you two are quite the duo. I mean, Leah won't shut up about you." She said as she started walking again.

"She does? What does she say?" I asked eagerly as I followed behind her.

"How funny you are and how she wished she didn't spend her time hating you. I genuinely don't know why she ever did." She started and I gave her a smile.

I didn't think anyone knew. Leah had never told anyone about what happened and Beth was the only one I told. Not even Viv knew the whole story. I was so thankful to get out of the life I was living. I was thankful to see that it was all fake. Like a simulation of the perfect person who was indeed the villain. 

I said bye to Keira and went into my room to catch some shut eye. I kept thinking about one person and one person only. She was slowly consuming my mind and I didn't understand it. The feeling I felt when I was around her. It was a happy feeling that sent shock waves all over my body. I wanted to be in her presence all day, every day. I didn't even care that it sounded impractical. It did bother me that I was probably the only one feeling this way. I knew it wasn't normal to think of her this way but I couldn't help it. She was a special person, inside and out. For seconds and never more, I'd think that I developed feelings but I would never allow myself to do that. Especially not right now, not after what happened to me, after what happened to us. And definitely not for her. It was wrong in every language, it was probably forbidden even. The formula for heartbreak and ache, yet, I knew that her love would be stronger than any other emotion she could display. 

As I drifted to sleep, in the hotel bed, accepting that it was no longer just going to be a nap. I tried to discard all the feelings I considered unholy. There were no inappropriate thoughts but just the idea of being with her was the last thing supposed to come of me. Not after everything, our past, our connection. Yet every con on my list slowly shaped itself into a pro for her. She was becoming my ideal person more and more each day. I didn't want to stop thinking about her. So the person I went to sleep thinking about and the one I hoped to dream about was Leah.

___________________________________
A/N

I know its short but I'm ending it there for dramatic effect...