Chapter 38

Third Person P.O.V

The whole Rajvansh Mansion was busy preparing for the groom's haldi. Abir walked down the stairs buttoning his kurta. He was looking dashing in his white attire which will turn into yellow within few minutes.

Prerna who was standing there, went towards her brother and lead him to the garden where everyone were present. After making him sit on the stool, the elders began the rituals. Soon after the elders finished, the youngsters namely, Prerna, Ketki, Arjun and his cousins bath him in haldi and water.

" That's enough! Now come on clean up yourselves kids!" Parul Maa instructed sweetly and informed Prerna to prepare to leave for Maheshwari Sadan for Mishti's haldi. Agreeing, Prerna left and Abir who was retreating back to his room to get cleaned from his haldi was stopped by her. She told me to take some rest as they would have gear up for the wedding in the evening which might be a little hectic and tiring if he doesn't rest. To which Abir to countered that she needs more rest than others. Later, while again turning to go,

" Abir.." she called out again.

" Haan Maa?"

" You know that bride and groom should not see each other before wedding right!?"

" I know Maa.." Abir replied wondering why his mother was telling this now.

" Toh waha Mishti ko dekhne mat aao." Parul Maa exclaimed with a knowing look.

" Me kyu aaunga Maa..?" Abir tried to act all innocent though inside he was shocked and nervous hearing his mother knowing his plans.

" Acting mat karna! Me tujhe acchi tarah janti ho.. Mishti ko dekhne keliye tum kya nahi karunge.. Kuch ghanton ki baat hai! Shaam waise bhi usse Shaadi karne keliye jaungi na aur humare ghar he toh le aaunga na toh waha chup chupke mat aa! Teek hai?" Parul Maa said in a strict tone yet teasing smile on her face.

Pouting like a kid, Abir didn't reply to her and left with a sad face.

Amused by her son's behaviour, Parul Maa wondered,

" Mishti kya kar diya tum mere bete ko!?" with silly smile looking at Abir's retreating figure. She was very happy to see Abir being carefree again with his family and friends.

" Sirf Mishti nahi kiya Parul.. Mishti aur uska ka pyaar ne Abir ko aisa kar diya!" Nanu came near her and said smiling.

" Sach hai Bapuji! Haan..me aur Prerna Maheshwari Sadan chal rahe hai aap yaha manage kar payenge na? Ketki will be here so ask her if you need anything or need to check on any arrangements.." Parul Maa was cut off by her father assuring that he'll take care of everything and Parul Maa left.

On the other side, the Maheshwari Sadan was almost ready to start the ritual of haldi for their ladli.

Mishti was getting ready

Mishti was getting ready. She was setting her hair unknown to the commotion happening just down her balcony. It was none other than the secret operation that was planned by the two eldest Rajvansh siblings to meet Mishti.