Mehrama | Chapter 1

Chapter 1| Memory Lane
Word Count: 1390
17/01/2023

Walking down the memory lane, Vedansh flipped through the pages of his scrapbook

Walking down the memory lane, Vedansh flipped through the pages of his scrapbook. Over the years, he had developed a wierd habit of pasting polaroids of his favourite moments and people he would randomly capture to never let his memory forget them.

Right from the pictures of him and his parents on the day of his father's remarriage to his mother, Sanskriti, to his farewell ceremony at one of the reputed high schools of Jaipur, he captured them all. The pictures of his baby brother in his mother's arm where she looked at the tiny little creature with a serene smile, her brown locks falling forward as she was busy something in the cotton hospital gown, was his favourite of all. His father, Arunaditya, stealthily stealing his share of ice cream at three in the morning after scolding and shooing him and his mother away, was his proof to his father's theft the next day. Vedansh let out a carefree laugh at the memory of his father bribing him with a school trip to not let his secret out.

He could never be thankful enough to the almighty, to bless him with such a loving family. In the initial years of his life, he had craved a family's love like maniacs. He had a lesson of valuing his family for life. Not once, not twice, but he would choose to be with his parents over and over again, no matter whose blood flows through his vein.

A sadaronic chuckle slept through his lips when he was reminded about his biological parents- Meera and Ved. They never deserved to be his parents.

After years of being blinded by vengeance, his biological father returned to him one day and tried manipulating him to leave Arunaditya and flee away with him. He argued and chose to rather jump out of the window of his serene penthouse at the thirtieth floor than leave his parents, Arunaditya and Sanskriti. He hugged his sperm donor the tight the next moment, and whispered into his ear, "If you have ever loved me, even for a second, leave me and my family alone and never come back. Live a life like a good human being, free of vengeance and full of love. Reflect on your actions and I pray for you to get the love you deserve. For now, leave me and please, never come back." His father, Ved, kneeled numb at his son's words. Vedansh, for the first and last time of his life, chose to be selfish and choose his happiness with Rathores over his emotionally devastated father. He ran out of the open door and asked the guard for a phone, dialling his father's number he was greeted by his chachu, who informed him about his parents stay at the city hospital. He came and picked Vedansh up without his father's information and surprised them in the best way the situation allowed him to.

(Paternal Uncle)

Another flipping of page made him smile sadly. There stood his the love of his life in a plane white kurta, holding a traditional umbrella, in front of his University, posing for a candid to her friend on the other side.