Mehrama | Epilogue

Mehrama | Epilogue
Words Count: 1134
29/01/2023

Flipping through his scrapbook yet again after months, Vedansh smiled brightly at the photo in his hand that he intended to paste into the walls of his memory lane.

In the picture, Prisha was surely crying really hard as he himself had knelt on one of his knees with a ring in his hand. He finally popped the question and ofcourse she said yes. She was finally his! His better half, hos soulmate and above all, his wife.

About four months preceding the current date, they got engaged in a private ceremony. Only on Prisha's permission did they let the public know about his engagement.

A few weeks later, Vedansh surprised Prisha by repairing the cause of biggest guilt of her life, her broken relationships with her parents. Even to her surprise, he weaved a random story of her getting kidnapped rather than telling them the truth of Prisha eloping with Manav. However, Prisha confessed to both the families about her being pushed into prostitution for years. That evening, they cried, they consoled, they loved and entrusted each other, but not once did Sanskriti and Arunaditya challenge their son's choice of getting married to Prisha after all the mishaps, much to Prisha's amusement. She was scared of their reactions but couldn't be more happier when she saw them helping her to get out of her mental traumas.

Sameera was devasted with the news of Vedansh getting married to Prisha. She rather saw it as a betrayal. However, she always found solace in Adyansh for her angry ranting and emotional breakdowns.

Adyansh finally passed his Senior Secondary Certificate Examination with flying colours. He got rid of his toxic and misguiding friends and even the demanding yet casual girlfriend he once had. Much to everyone's surprise, on the day of Prisha and Vedansh's haldi, he announced his new relationship with Sameera.

Vedansh was grinning by now when his eyes fell on the next photo in the bunch he had in his hand. It was the day of their engagement when he sneaked into the bride's side and had a erotically exciting moment with Prisha in her room. She had just showered and dressed into one of his hoodies and a pair of trousers when he jumped inside her room on the ground floor of the resort the functions were being held at. After making sure no one was around, Vedansh picked up the bowl of remaining turmeric paste. Prisha warned him or rather threatened him to not put even a drop of paste on her as she had already showered. Much to her amusement, Vedansh scrubbed the remaining paste onto his own cheeks. Pulling her by her waist, Vedansh grinned mischievously. He slowly brought his lips near her ear as if he had something to whisper and tricked her by scrubbing his pasts covering cheeks to Prisha's and sneaked out before she could scold him. He also made sure to sneakily take a picture of her whiny face once he was out of the window.

The next photo was from the day of their marriage. She was clutched in a red bridal lehenga that his mother especially designed for her. With a lot of happy tears in her eyes, she looked at Vedansh lovingly as he filled her partition with red Vermilion. He could still remember the relatives awwing and Adyansh whistling when the vermillion fell on the tip of her nose too. On top of everything, her mehendi was surely dark. Even if the indicators had not been the way they were, he was sure he was going to love his last breath and even in after life.

"What are you doing Ansh?"

He heard the soft melodious tone of the love of his life. Apparently, she picked up the habit of calling him exactly the way his mother did. Well, no man would ever complain if his wife followed the foot steps of his mother, so would he.

"Secret records." He shrugged. He could see his wife narrow her eyes at him with a suspicious glance now. She, for once, was sure it was anything but his official secret records, given that he was grinning widely a few seconds ago.

"So, where do you want to go for honeymoon?" Vedansh asked. He had already discussed with the tours and travels companies near his office and even put his passport on reverification and Prisha's to be made.

"Mumbai." She whispered out with doe eyes. And to think his wife would choose spending money heaftily for once in her life. Even before the matrimonial rituals began, she suggested him to get married in a mandir and use the money for bhandaras in places with low economical population rather than letting their money flow in showing off their wealth and status. His family was surely touched by her ideology even though they absolutely refused letting the first wedding of the new generation being so bland. But they did follow her advise of bhandara for sure.

"I was getting our passports ready for honeymoon, you know." Vedansh mocked making Prisha roll her eyes.

"Searching for brain by rolling your eyes backward, dear?" Vedansh asked innocently making Prisha land a smack on his chest. Pulling her by her wrist, he encircled her waist as he looked deep into her eyes.

Vedansh still couldn't believe. After years of waiting, she was actually here. As his love. As his wife. In his arms.

"I still can't believe you're here with me. I fear all of this to be dream. I would never want to wake up even if this is." Vedansh whispered out as his orbs were busy tracing every line, every scar and every turn on Prisha's face.

Cupping his cheeks gently, she tip toed and gave a lingering kiss at the corner of his lips. "Thank you." Prisha whispered. "For?" Vedansh enquired at his wife's sudden display of gratitude. "Being the way you're. Just existing." She answered. "I wish I hadn't believed the rumours. Maybe, we wouldn't have wasted so many years." Prisha said looking into his eyes. "I love you, Vedansh. I really really really love you. More than myself, more than anyone on this damn planet." She confessed. Vedansh displayed an expression of mocked hurt. "You mean you love someone more than me from Mars? Haww Pia!" Vedansh fake gasped. For sure, Prisha rewarded him with another smack on his chest. Pulling her impossibly closure, he gently pulled her into a kiss. Tugging and nibbling on her lips, he wanted to make sure none of this was dream.

Bas fir kya, they lived happily ever after.

~•~•~
We come to the end of Mehrama.

Absolutely waiting for your feedbacks!

Also, whose story do you want next? Adyansh, Ved or Abhiraaj? 👀