Sayonee | Chapter 7

Sayonee | Care
Words Count:
22/02/2023

A sob wrecked her throat as she recalled that heart wrecking day

A sob wrecked her throat as she recalled that heart wrecking day. The day her nephew was kidnapped, her sister in law lost a baby and her brother stood their looking helpless for the first time in his life, all because of Ved's foolish temperament of vengeance.

If only he wasn't blinded by petty-ful revenge, things could have been better for sure.

Flipping onto the next page, she read out.

2019
Madhya Pradesh

I have been struggling a lot these days. When I reached Bhopal, I had no one to depend upon. I worked in the biscuits factory and a week later I started tutoring the manager's kids and earned about 15k per month.

In the modern world of materialistic pleasures, the price of general survival is high too. I have been struggling to even get myself three meals a day. I have lost a lot of weight, too. In my early thirties, I have lost my hair too, not all but a lot. I am absolutely out of shape with all carbs to depend upon. It is difficult for me to even buy myself flour, thinking about protein shakes and balanced diet is a far fetched dream as of now.

Honestly, it's difficult. It's really very difficult. I sometimes think if I could atleast be brave enough to jump off the bridge. But then what would my mother do? I can't be selfish enough to leave her all alone to deal with this heinous world, can I?

Moreover, isn't this what repentance is called?

Ruhani was drown in tears by now. The thought of Ved struggling to even get a proper meal while she threw tantrums in the palace over smallest of mistakes. She used to have low appetite and really moody with the taste of her food.

2020
Madhya Pradesh

This year marks my progress. With a lot of businesses getting shut due to pandemic this year, my finances thrived. I run a successful coaching centre now. It used to be offline up until March and then I took up greater number of students once I had to shift the tutoring to online platforms.

The pandemic also gave me time and finances to enroll myself into a worthy university. I am studying law now. I am going to move into a less populated town with better income and low cost of living once I am done with my course.

Ruhani now knew why he was called Vakil Sahab and why he was here despite of the orthodox practices pursued here- for low cost of living. This place provided him with respect as well as roof over his head. He was thriving better than the populous capitals.