Parshawan| Epilogue

The hardest part about writing a story is the epilogue.

A Few Days Later

A Few Days Later

I sat amidst the crowd in white. Men, women and children, celebrities ad commoners, business men and elites, all of them sat in white around her corpse, sympathising me and my family.

What I should have done was cry, scream and thrash around in pain and agony of losing her. But I had a daughter to take care of. A daughter who has no idea where her mother is.

I cradled her close to my chest as I sat their numb. My brother took care of all the arrangements of the funeral like the good king he is. Sanskriti bhabhi made sure the kids as well as the adults were hydrated and fed enough to not pass out.

My eyes trailed at her corpse amidst the hall. Guilt crept up on my conscience. Had I not been so hostile towards her, had I been more around her, I would have known what she was upto.

I should have been more around her. More around my wife. More around my mother. I should have known what was going in my house. Why Afreen was not in a mentally healthy state. Why was my mother so adamant about my alliance to Neha Sharma. I should have guessed it.

I, however, turned blind. To everyone. I was way too naive to understand what was happening around me.

I look up and rake my eyes around the hall. My brother stood strong amidst the situation for he had his wife and his family to emotionally support him. A little far away from my brother, at the farthest corner of the room, stood my frail looking father.

The revelation took a heavy troll on him. His face looked paler than a paper now that he knew how he had been indirectly destroying the lives of his own blood, supporting the woman he loved blindly. I don't blame him. He was as whipped for his wife as I and bhai are for ours.

A hand on my shoulder disturbed me out of my trance. Turning around, I found Ruhani looking at me with a grave expression.

"There's a call for you from the hospital. Afreen's condition is critical." She told me. I nodded my head and got up.

Placing Kiara amidst a pool of pillow, I changed into a pair of white shirt and navy blue suit pant.

Picking Kiara up, I grabbed my car keya from the bowl. While my daughter babbled gibberish, I strapped her into her babysit. Giving a kiss on her head, I took my drivers seat.

I drove to the hospital with an uncertain mind.

A few days ago, I got to know about how my wife have been scared of the monstrous mother I have. How I lost the babies I had no idea about.