Sayonee | Chapter 10

Sayonee | Restaurant Fiasco
Words Count: 1400
01/03/2023

To say the drive to the restaurant was silent would be an understatement

To say the drive to the restaurant was silent would be an understatement. As the proximity to the desired destination decreased, Ved and Ruhani were a nervous wreck. As much as she pretended to not care about her family's opinion, she did. Atleast a tiny part of her did. As much as they neglected and emotionally hurt her unintentionally, she was still grateful for whatever they did as her family. They might not be present at times when she needed a sense of warmth and familiarity, they were still at hef support. And all the chaotic past on their part would be a trigger to reject and manipulate Ruhani to leave Ved, for her betterment.

The car came to an hault. The chauffeur sent by the Rathores, held the door open for Ruhani and then for Ved. It was a royal protocol to not get out of the locomotive unless and until you're held the door open. Ved found it wierd but wordlessly agreed to whatever the shit rules they had to follow, for he was not in a mood to agitate the Rathores more than they already were.

The manager gave them a warm welcome and informed them about the family's present on the top floor, fully reserved and secluded from the public eye. Ruhani held Ved's hand in a strong grasp.

Ved chose to wear a plain while shirt with a grey blazer and a denim pant to make sure he neither looked too casual nor too formal. Ruhani, on the other hand, didn't give to fucks about her appearance for she knew the drama that awaited them this afternoon was inevitable no matter what she wore. She sighed and followed the manager wherever he took them.

Their heart thudded with anticipation. Ved feared Rathores throwing him out of the restaurant the moment they lay their eyes upon him. They had the right but Ved didn't want to go through the humiliation. He was a wreck at this instance.

~•~

"Adi! Stop glaring at the poor waiter! It's his job to smile when he's with the customers!" Sanskriti scolded Arunaditya who kept his eyes steady in a glare at the sweating waiter who according to him committed a huge sin by greeting Sanskriti with a compliment instead of the usual 'Good afternoon' everyone chirps around in the restaurant. The possessive boss baby just couldn't handle his hormones when he saw his wife blushing at the young boy's compliment.

"Dekho kaise bateesi faad raha hai." Arunaditya gritted his teeth when the waiter attempted to offer him a harmonious smile too.

{Look how's grinning!}

"That's customer service, baby. Shut up and scroll in your phone instead." Sanskriti signed yo waiter to hurry off from her husband's distinct vision.

"You're lucky I love you!" Arunaditya muttered with a slight pout. "Oh please! It's the other way 'round. You are lucky to have me." Sanskriti rolled her eyes with a sass.