Parshawan| Chapter 9

Chapter 9 | Secrets

• Afreen Malik •

While driving through the highways connecting Mumbai and Lonavala, what I wanted was a peaceful weekend with my little one in the serene villas of the hill station that would consist of a limited enlisted activities- a good ten hour sleep, basking in the cold winds, sipping on a cup of hot chocolate and reading while my baby was busy in her own world.

However, I had no plans of staying here anymore. The moment I step my foot inside the villa, I fell down with a thud. With Kiara pressed up on my chest, I cried hysterically. I couldn't name the overwhelming feeling sprouting inside me. I just wanted to cry out loud.

Wiping my tears, I decided to go back to my apartment, mt safe heaven. No way in hell would I like to risk my aur Kiara's appearance to any Rathore member.

If Abhiraaj was here, his family would be here too. She would be here too. Abhiraaj's mother would be here too! And the moment she comes to know about Kaira's existence, she would do anything to wiper her out off this planet. Just like my two other babies.

I couldn't even fathom how would I live without Kiara. It was for the best. I have to protect my baby!

Picking up my abandoned luggage, I loaded my car. Kiara was cranky of the car seat now. I know she would wail out soon. I give her my phone with 'boss baby' playing on it. It would distract her atleast for half of the way. I'll avail a motel until Kiara sleeps.

I drive out on the road until I see a police barricading. I slowed down my car. I rolled down my side of window to ask the police what the matter was.

"I am sorry but there had been a land slide a few hundred metres ahead. Men are working on clearing the road. It would take atleast two days for the road to re-open." He informed.

Fucking great!

Rather than lashing out on the on-duty constable, I nodded and drove my car back to the villa dejectedly. I couldn't leave the town with a baby at hand in such a weather.

Walking back into the mantion hurriedly, I bolted the doors and windows and swallowed the lump forming in my throat. It was four in the morning already. The environment had started to brighten up. It was way past Kiara's bed time.

Carrying Kiara to the kitchen, I strapped her into the baby seat. Wiping of the beads of sweat, I splashed water on my face. I have to gain control, mentally and physically. I sat down on an empty chair of the dining table, and allowed myself to breath.