Sayonee | Chapter 8

Sayonee | Dating?
Words Count:
27/02/2023

Sayonee | Dating?Words Count: 27/02/2023

"Here's your cup of coffee. I still don't understand why you are so addicted to caffeine!" Ved voiced out as he passed Ruhani a cup of steaming black coffee with little to no sugar in it.

Moving the cup closer to her nostrils, Ruhani took in a deep breath, inhaling the addicting smell of coffee.

"This just brings tranquillity to my soul!" Ruhani dramatically expressed making Ved grimace as he took a seat beside her on the couch. Gently, Ruhani placed her head on Ved's shoulder as his hands automatically crept into her scalp. Ruhani sighed in contentment.

"It has been a month, Ruhi." Ved whispered. "I know right? Yet it feels like I confessed yesterday." Ruhani chuckled remembering about the fateful night.

A Month Before The Scene..

The emotional outburst made Ruhani heave as she took deep breaths to revitalize the lost oxygen. Clutching her eyes shut, she tried to ignore the feeling of being dizzy. Before she knew, darkness crept up her vision as she lost her balance. As on cue, Ved rushed to make sure she didn't land on the rocky terrain and injure herself more.

Rushing towards the nearest dispensary, he was panicking what might have happened to the young lady. For sure, the Rathore's would have his head on silver platter regardless their ignorance towards the princess, if something was to happen to Ruhani. Moreover, he would never be able to forgive himself if he looses Ruhani this time, too.

"Bahu pet se hai kya?" A random aunty asked making Ved turn crimson. It was a common myth among the women that if they faint or feel nauseas, they are ought to be pregnant.

{Is she pregnant?}

"Ji nahi." Ved replied, his expressions displaying the awkwardness he felt by hef question.

The doctor entered on the cue and reported about Ruhani's fluctuated blood pressure before prescribing him the required drugs.

Ved sighed. He would have to avoid using his bike for this month for he would run out of finance for grocery if he spent money on petrol after buying these medicines. The financial expenses this month was surely out of his budget.

Once Ruhani was awake, Ved helped her back to the apartment. When he was ready to depart to the chemist, Ruhani asked him with a cold tone about where he was going to which he replied, "The Chemist."

Ruhani carefully walked toward her back and pulled out three five hundreds' notes and forwarded them to Ved. He raised his eyebrows in question.

"The medicines' cost?" Ruhani answered. "I can buy them myself." Ved replied.

"Why would you do that? What rights do you have over me to spend on my behalf? What are you? My father? My brother? My boyfriend? My husband?" Ruhani mocked. She knew Ved might be short on finances but it would hurt his male ego to take her help.