Sayonee | Chapter 11

Sayonee | Confessions
Words Count: 3023
04/03/2023

<I realised the chapters have been shorter than usual. I am putting some extra efforts to make sure this one exceeds 2k words.. make sure you put some extra efforts to drop in-line comments to motivate me too!>

"What the fuck is going on here?!" The growl made Ruhani squeeze her eyes tight in horror

"What the fuck is going on here?!" The growl made Ruhani squeeze her eyes tight in horror. Just at the brim of drama.

"I asked you guys to keep an open mindset, bhai." Ruhani threw a soft glare towards her brother.

Focusing back at the man who looked like he had a dinosaur step on the bag of his nerves, she furrowed her eyebrows. "Why are you wearing your digital watch?" She asked. Ved watched her in confusion, to make sure he leaves a good impression atleast in his dressing style, isn't that butt- obvious?

"Arey baba, if you'll continue to wear your digital watches where would I make my dupatta stuck and have an Omm Shanti Omm moment for myself?" Ruhani wiggled her eyebrows as if she wasn't being watched by the Rathores like am angry hawk at all. A chuckle left Ved's lips. He knew she was trying to calm him down. Pecking his forehead for one last time, she took a seat beside him.

"Did you guys place any order?" Ruhani asked calmly. Her heart was still pacing but she was determined to let her family know about her decision by the end of this lunch.

"No. I have absolutely lost my appetite." Arunaditya declared. Ruhani sighed. Of course her brother was going to be the most difficult person to handle this time. He deserved it.

"I am hungry. I am going to order and so are everyone on this damn table, including you, bhai." She declared with a fierce gaze.

"No, you are not going to order the king around! You have no such rights!" Arunaditya roared. His temperament was very contrasting to what he had showcased a few minutes ago.

"Don't play the king card on me, bhai! It won't work! If you won't order, I'll order for you. I haven't had anything since yesterday afternoon and I hope you don't want to witness me faint in hunger." Ruhani warned. She knew her brother won't let her compromise on her health, no matter what. She wasn't aiming to plant all roses and rainbows around Ved and Arunaditya. What Ved did in the past was unforgivable and it was absolutely Arunaditya's call to what he wants to do with Ved. What she wants was to have atleast one cordial lunch with her family and Ved, even if it was the last time she's witnessing them together on the table and respect her decision of what her heart wants, without looking into their selfish reasons of enmity.

"Couldn't this brute even provide you with a decent dinner?" Arunaditya bitterly spoke. Last time, Ved humiliated him and forced him to plead on his knees for he had his son, Vedansh, in his captivity. No matter what, he could never forgive him for the miscarriage Sanskriti suffered with their child. The way Sanskriti wept in his arms for both of the children, laying on the hospital bed in a hospital gown, was a nightmare he prayed to never re-witness.