Mehrama | Chapter 8

Mehrama | Comfort?
Word Count: 1600
24/01/2023

"Ansh?" Vedansh heard his mother's soft voice calling him out. His father has already called it a night as Prisha followed his lead.

"Yes Mumma?" He answered, his eyes still glued to the screen with Jungle King being played on it.

"What's up with Prisha?" She asked. Vedansh's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What's up with her?" He asked distractedly, that earned him a smack on his bicep from his mother.

"I asked her if she was in any kind of trouble and she told me that you helped her out of one and got her to a hospital. Is she okay?" Sanskriti asked with a detailed description about the issue.

"Oh! Long story mumma. Moreover it's not my place to share her story. She might not like it." Vedansh answered. Sanskriti nodded in understanding. She didn't want to force Vedansh to tell her something against his morals and principles.

"Mumma?" Vedansh wanted to make sure his mother was cut hirt due to his defiance of sharing Prisha's story.

"She flinches even at the slightest of noises, Ansh. Something is eating her up. Even if you don't tell me what's wrong with her, I know a few things. She is loosing her self confidence. She is blaming herself for something. She is guilty and a victim, both herself. If it's something major, I suggest you to make sure she is mentally healthy and please for love of God, don't hesitate to take professional's help." Sanskriti said. Vedansh snickered in response.

"Its God of Love Mumma, not Love of God." Vedansh pointed out making Sanskriti roll her eyes and chuckle softly.

"And don't worry mumma, I'll ask her if she wants to consult for a trauma specialist. I won't do anything against her wish." Vedansh reassured his mother.

"I am sleeping with you and papa tonight." Vedansh affirmed.

"No!!!" Sanskriti and Vedansh were startled by the sudden dramatic entry of Arunaditya. "I have plans with my wife. You can get your mother for the day but at nights, she's wholly and solely mine." Arunaditya clearly divided making Sanskriti roll her eyes.

"Not fair. I am going to sleep in the middle of the bed tonight with you on my left and mumma on my right as mumma caresses my hair and I put my legs on you. That's final." Vedansh irked his father.

"Okay. That's enough. Vedansh you aren't going to sleep in either of the rooms- neither mine nor yours. You're going to sleep in the room beside Prisha and inform her about your stay at the adjacent room. Be a good host to your friend and tell her if she needs anything at any hour she should let you know. And Adi stop being a kid. Are we clear, Rathore boys?" Sanskriti clearly used her mumma tone on both of them.

"Yes Ma'am." The father son duo muttered. "Good boys. Now depart to your destination." Sanskriti said.

Mimicking a soldier, they marched off to their respective rooms.

Knocking on the door of guest room Prisha is residing in, he patiently waited for her to open the door. He could hear ruffling and shuffling on the other side of the door. After a few seconds, the door was gently pulled open for about an inch. Prisha peeked through the gap to ensure her own safety. She didn't want the history to repeat itself.

"Hi." She opened the door a little wide when she was confirmed it was none other than Vedansh.

"Hi." She replied in her hoarse voice.