Hell fire

In the weeks leading up to Samhain, many things started falling into place. Instead of looking for a valid reason to enter Bellatrix's vault to retrieve the Hufflepuff cup, he just explained to the Goblin king that the cup was a horcrux that he need to destroy. The Goblins have years of magical knowledge on witches and wizards, so they naturally knew what a horcrux and how much of an abomination it was. With a hefty amount of gold paid in remunerations to both the bank and some for Bella as well, the cup was sent to him in what can also be called a small casket by a terrifying looking owl a couple days later.

Hadrian managed to convince the Goblin King to let one of his healers live outside of the Goblin nation till Lucius put to bed. Thank to the help of the Goblin Healer, Healer Rosewood, a well-respected Medi wizard in the British wizarding community has turned back into a student and was busy running errands for the Goblin healer.

Due to how precarious Lucius condition is, he had been ordered to rest in bed for the first three months of his pregnancy till he was truly out of danger. Because of this forced bed rest, Lucius was quickly turning into a mushroom. Although Hadrian to bring as many things as possible into their room to help relieve the little serpent's boredom, there is truly nothing like taking a walk outside and taking in a fresh and new scenery.

For a while, Iris was also in the process of turning into a mushroom, but the arrival of Healer Rosewood's family and his five-years-old daughter, Katia, changed reversed that process quickly. Irish could now be seen playing with the girl around the house and except for occasionally sleeping with Hadrian and Lucius at night, they even slept together. Katia's arrival also relieved some of Hadrian and Lucius' worry where Iris was concerned as they feared that with Draco at Hogwarts and no one else to play with her, she might become a bit lonely. Hadrian was even considering sending her to muggle school so she wouldn't be too lonely. Having sad that, one friend also wasn't ideal so he might still send her to muggle school but in the meantime, he stopped at having both Katia and Iris tutored at home by Lucius. That way, Lucius boredom due to forced bed rest is somewhat alleviated and the children still get to learn. Two birds, one stone. The idea of muggle primary school may be revisited after Lucius is allowed out of bed.

In the week leading up to Samhain, the most pressing thing became acquiring the Ravenclaw diadem. Hadrian wasn't ready to actually see Dumbledore and he didn't want to get Draco involved either , so he struggled between sneaking in to retrieve it or asking Severus to retrieve it for him. The safest option would most certainly be to have Severus retrieve the diadem, because he knew that as the headmaster, Dumbledore knew when anyone entered or left the school ground.

Contacting Severus was easy, but it wouldn't be so easy for Severus to interact with the diadem without being affected by the horcrux inside. So, Hadrian first enchanted a hair of gloves so that he would be able to pick it up as well as an amulet with a drop of ism blood in it to essentially protect Severus mind and body from being possessed by the horcrux. The amulet would also act a point me charm to help find the diadem once Severus was in the room of requirements. Hadrian also specifically enchanted a bag to hold the diadem so that it can be brought out of the room. Then two nights before Samhain, he fire-called Severus' chambers and instructed him on what to do before passing him the items and waiting.

The night before Samhain, he received the item from Severus via fire-call. Thus, all the pieces were in place. Hadrian didn't want to conduct the ritual in his home at Peverel manor, so he specially came to the depts of the forest of dean to conduct the ritual. The area he chose was dark already round and even though the moon could be clearly seen in the night's sky, its light did not reach where he stood. As he calculated the time for the moon to be at its highest and the veil to be at its thinnest, he started to set up the ritual circle. John stood just outside of the circle, snobbishly correcting any mistakes and directing where each element should be placed withing the circle.

For this ritual, John specially produced for him clothes weaved in the land of the dead and the death magic on it was palpable. He also specially wore his invisibility cloak as well as the Gaunt ring. He was also carrying the elder wand in a holster on his arm. The ring of course was a new one made by john as the original was in the ritual circle.

"Now!" as soon as John spoke, Hadrian had already started chanting. The essence of the ritual was to simultaneously destroy the Horcrux and force them to meld back together to form a whole. If the number of horcruxes within the ritual circle does not make up enough for a whole, as long as it is the majority of the person's soul, the rest will be forcibly drawn into the ritual circle from wherever it was.

As he started chanting, the circle turned into a blue magic fire – hell fire – and all the horcruxes were destroyed. The darkness around Hadrian was immediately lit up by the fire but one still couldn't see too far into the forest. Black miasma flowed out of the destroyed items and Hadrian could see faces screaming within the miasma. as the screamed, the intensity of Hadrian's chanting increased and with it, the speed at which his magic was being used and in the intensity of the fire also increased. The miasma was being tempered by hellfire. No wonder john said this would be a painful process. The miasma slowly converged into a large one above his head, but the screams continued. At some point, Hadrian became aware of another miasma in the ritual circle. This should be Tom current soul that should have been roaming the Albanian forest still. Before the face in the miasma could even speak, it too started being tempered by the hell fire. Hadrian did not know how long he chanted for but by the time there was only one small ball of miasma left in the ritual circle, he was almost exhausted.

"Send it in" John spoke again from outside the circle and Hadrian saw a ripple above the ritual circle. It looked like water, but Hadrian didn't think too much before manipulating the magic flowing in the circle to push the ball of miasma into the ripple. He knew that on the other side of that ripple was the land of the dead. A lot of the darkness accumulated within tom's soul had been stripped away due to the hell fire, what was left was to mold it back into a soul. John would take care of it on the other side before pushing it back out to Hadrian. But while john was taking care of that, he still had something to do, and that was to create a body for Tom.

From an enchanted bag he was carrying in his cloak, a large cauldron was brought out and sent to its place within the circle. A small cut on his hand with the help of his blood and thirteen drops of blood fell into the cauldron. the thirteen drops quickly grew and filled the cauldron by a third. His blood was his life and through it, he would give new life. From the enchanted bag he also brought out a bone. It was a rib from Tom's father. The rib closet to the heart that he had acquired when he went to retrieve the ring. The bone was washed in soil from the man's grave as well. In the absence of something from his mother's body, the earth would be his new mother. The cauldron was set to boil by the hellfire and just as it started bubbling over, there was another ripple above and a glowing white ball fell into the bubbling cauldron. the bubbling immediately stopped but Hadrian could still see movement in the liquid.

As the night started to fade and the sun started to rise, the intensity of the hellfire started to die down. Hadrian could see that the blood-coloured liquid in the large cauldron settle more and more into the shape of a human curled in the fetal pose. By the time the sun rose completely, the fire was completely gone. Even in the darkness of the forest, Hadrian could see the deep scorch mark in the earth where the ritual circle was drawn. Complexly exhausted, Hadrian didn't even bother to check the man in the cauldron before collapsing in the floor and falling into deep sleep.