February

Lucius, Severus and Harry's POV (February)

Severus was in a bit of a daze as he looked around him. Draco and the little Peverell girl – who looked remarkably like Lilly – were playing exploding snaps with a silencing bubble cast around them in front of him and Lucius who was sat across from him wore a slightly smiling look. The parlor they were sat in was decorated very delicately in a way that screamed of Lucius' hand work and there was a smartly dress house-elf fluttering around the children.

When he got to Malfoy Manor this morning, the place had been deserted and devoid of life. Just a handful of elves were there to maintain the large house. He barely had time to voice his question when he was handed a letter by one of the elves explain that he had divorced Narcissa with the help of lord black and he was living with his lover. His mouth had hung open for a whole minute as he digested the letter, completely missing the house-elves questioning where to apparate him to Peverell manor.

"I go away for a month and when I come back you have already moved in with your lover?" Severus gasped as he continued to look at his brother.

"That isn't even the tip of the ice burg" Lucius smiled. Taking a sip from the glass in this hand.

"Forget about the ice burg, what worries me more is the magical link between the both of you and what you have done about it since" Severus snapped out of this thought as he remembered the last conversation between them before he escaped Dumbledore to the forest of dean to go collect potions ingredients.

"To be honest, I haven't thought about it. I can feel it there, like background noise, I get senses from it from time to time when his emotions are particularly high, but it hasn't been used full since the Christmas gala" Lucius explained, and Severus could not help sighing at his brother's off hand manner of handling something that would be potentially dangerous in any other scenario.

"As long it has no adverse effect on you, I am happy" Severus spoke as his gaze turned to the children playing on the soft cushioned floor. The appearance of the little girl had startled him silly when he first arrived, and she was peaking out shyly from behind Lucius' leg. Now that he thought about it, he turned to his brother with a pointed look "care to explain?"

"It's a long story"

"I'm staying for dinner, as far as Dumbledore is aware, I return in a week's time" Severus crossed his legs and made himself comfortable. Before he left, he had left a complete lesson plan for the stand in professor they hired so he wasn't really too worried.

"In that case stay for the week. I will have one of the elves clean up a room for you. That way you get to meet Hadrian. I've told him how close we are, and he doesn't mind" it might have been for just one month, but Lucius have really missed this little brother of his.

"Oh, so you now have control over his elves" Severus noted with a teasing smirk on his lips that made Lucius blush in embarrassment. "But no changing the topic. Explain!"

For the next hour, Severus was in a constant state of shock, surprise and anger. His mind was in complete chaos and he did not know what to say not to talk of what to do with himself. According to Dumbledore, Harry Potter was sitting safe with his relative in the muggle world, living it up like a prince. A hollow laugh burst from him at the thought of disappointed lily would in him if she was in front of him at moment. He knew Dumbledore was not to be trusted, yet he had blindly left his charge in his hands and stood by idly watching the world go around. As he was about to speak, a great big snake slide into the room startling him right out of his mind.

The snake first made his way to Lucius, flicking his tongue out to taste the air around him before sparing him only one look then coiling himself around the children. He was further surprised when the children did not even pause from their game, only raising a hand each to stoke it's massive head.