Chapter Two - Without Remorse

"Parseltongue", Thoughts, "Normal speech", "telepathy"

"Didn't you hear me tell you to start breakfast, Boy? After everything we've done for you in this house, you repay us with insolence!". All Harry could do was stare at his uncle in complete bafflement. He could not remember the last time anyone had the gall to talk to him like that. He had reached that point in his sanity that the only one that got away with shouting at him and lived were his sister's family and Luna. He wasn't about to change that now.

Flexing his magic like a limb, he realized that it wasn't at the level he was used to. His magic did not rush up to greet him like an old friend, it was being held back but the amount he had access to now was enough for what he intended. Reaching out with his magic, he barely registered the purple color his uncles' fat face was turning before he seemed to split open from his protruding stomach to his neck, a shrill scream filling the air. He did however, notice when his auntie and nephew ran into the room to see him covered in his uncle's blood as said uncle bled to death.

"I hate being shouted at. Right, whose next?" Dudley was hiding behind his mother as the thin woman shrank back into the living room, crossing herself as if she'd seen a demon. He smiled, said smile only serving to make him look even more sinister consequently causing Dudley to squeal and pass out in a dead faint. His fat form landing with a heavy thud.

"Please don't kill us" her body was quaking, and tears were running freely down her checks as her eyes darted to her dead husband. This woman was supposed to be his mother's sister. He didn't see it. "Please, I beg of you" she continue to plead moving discreetly to stand in front of Dudley. Harry didn't really care, originally, his aunt had died before he'd gotten to her. Funny enough, her husband beat her to death. Maybe that was the reason why he had been particularly vicious with the death he'd dealt the man originally. He had taken an important revenge from him. Finally, he would get to meet out his pain to her. He raised his hand, his magic causing the air around his arm to charge with almost visible sparks. Even if Dudley fainted he would wake him up and kill his mother in front of him, so he would know how it felt to be the orphan. "Please, not my Dudley, take me instead. I beg you. Not my son". Ahh, he saw it now. Lilly's sister. For some reason it brought a smile to his face, that this woman and his mother shared some traits at least. She had fallen to the floor in front of Dudley with her arms spread out, sobs wracking her body, begging to die in place of her son. It was originally what he had planned anyway so there was no reason for him to stop, but he did anyway. He had been haunted by those words enough now, that it was automatic to back away from them like a magnet being repelled.

He lowered his hand and took a step back from her, his bare feet squeaking in the pool of blood still steadily seeping from his dead uncle. "Alright. But there will be changes. I will do you the favor of getting rid of the body, but you must clean every other thing up yourself. I will see you later" he didn't stick around to know if she agreed with him, he just waved his hand and vanished the body then turned around and walked back into his cupboard, closing the door behind him.

He'd noticed a few things in the small amount of time he had spent outside of his cupboard so far. First, the Millers were still living across the street because he could hear their pratty son playing in the front garden and he'd caught a sight of their fuck ugly green car. That meant that he hadn't started Hogwarts yet, because they moved away just under a year before he got his Hogwarts letter. Second, it was early in the day, but it was warm which meant that it was the summer. He just couldn't tell if it was the beginning or end of the summer.

He chewed his lips as he contemplated his situation. It was very apparent that instead of dying, he had somehow traveled back in time. But he knew for a fact that having your soul sucked out plus the numerous injuries he had sustained meant death. Maybe getting your soul sucked out somehow sent you into the past. But if that was the case, he would know about it. He knew a lot of people who had theirs sucked out and they didn't appear the next day having changed the timeline. Then again, if the timeline had been changed, he would be none the wiser because he wasn't the one conducting said change. It was all very complicated. In his years of study after his escape from Azkaban, he never thought to study time travel, his stint with a time-turner in his third year completely forgotten in the face of greater trouble. He cursed mentally, as he realised that if he really was in the past, he would have to do everything again, and everything included Albus Dumbledore and his order of the phoenix. Now he knew that bitch faith hated him. Then again, the chance to kill Dumbledore twice, and get away with less of a scratch this time, he was up for that.