NINE

(WO-)MAN DOWN

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

KEIRA STOOD NEXT TO REX, hidden under the rocks which had obscured the view of the Republicans and allowed them to climb up unnoticed

KEIRA STOOD NEXT TO REX, hidden under the rocks which had obscured the view of the Republicans and allowed them to climb up unnoticed. The young woman felt her ribs throbbing with every step, the pain only increasing instead of abating.

How could the pain fade away? She fought along, despite a broken rib.

Keira jumped, as did the others, as they bounced a droid in front of them. "Guys, that's exactly what shouldn't happen to us," said the young woman, about to make a well-intentioned joke that would later prove fatal to her.

"So this is where the fun begins!" Ahsoka said, causing Keira to force a small smile onto her lips. "Race you two to the top!" Anakin challenged as always, which the young woman probably denied. "I think I'll sit this one out," Keira spouted, earning a knowing stare from the captain, who glared at her reproachfully from under his visor.

"Fine, just you and me, Snips."

"I'll give you a head start." Ahsoka grinned, but gave Keira one last look, more to make sure she was okay with competing with Anakin.

She nodded softly and clutched her rib before she was alone under the rock for protection. She gasped once painfully before she looked up unenthusiastic.

Keira sighed and clipped her extended leash to her belt before unhooking one of her special weapons, using her baton's to dodge all the shots as usual as the belt tightened as she was being pulled up.

With a small, victorious grin, she was pulled up past Rex, who just watched with a raised brow and a worried expression.

The young woman shot past Ahsoka, who was standing on a walker, with full stability, she fended off the shots with her green lightsaber.

Keira landed next to Anakin and gave him an innocent smile after he snorted. "That's unfair!" he protested while fighting, which only made the young woman chuckle. "First, I'm a bounty hunter and second, I'm not into your game anyway."