FIVE

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

ANAKIN'S BODY was filled with happiness with every step a certain presence took furthermore into the Jedi temple.

He never ought to feel this aura ever again.

"Master?", his Padawan asked, her childish, yet sweet tone with a slight hint of concern at the sudden behaviour of Anakin.

He didn't say a word, instead he simply ran out of the bridge, not caring about his mission right now, and straight running to Obi-Wan. "You sense it too?", the brunette Jedi asked, earning a nod from his former Padawan and brother.

"Master, we have to get back to Coruscant.", he implied eagerly, which was answered by a shaken head from Obi-Wan. "We can't, Anakin."

The Chosen One pressed his lips together. "Our Mission here is to important to just leave it because of her.", he said.

"Maybe the Council will send her to us? As some.. sort.. of help?", Anakin asked, hinting at Obi-Wan who sighed, but as his eyes found his friend's one, he chuckled.

"I'll see what I can do..", he said, not promising something now.

Keira wasn't very fond of joining the Grand Army of the Republic once again, but she already made her choice. She couldn't leave just like that, her honor was worth to her. "Eyes closed and get this war done..", she whispered and took a deep breath to calm herself.

Her heart raced, her mind was furious. She didn't know how to stand in front of Anakin ever again. She knew him best and knew that avoiding wasn't an option for him.

Keira looked around, sensing footsteps outside her room and seeing the door sliding open, revealing her lovely friend: Padmé

"Keira.", she said, smiling bright and showing her beautiful teeth. "I've got great news."

The young woman raised an eyebrow. "Why me? Why now?", she asked, reading her mind and earning a glare from the senator.

"You know why.", she sighed while shaking her head. She knew Anakin, as much as Keira did. "And stop reading my mind, that's unfair."

Keira chuckled and turned her head towards her best friend. "So... when do I leave?", she asked sweet, merely seen as one of the most fearsome bounty hunter ever.

"I suggest.. You may now.", she grinned and watched her friends provocative expression fade away into slight fear.

Padmé knew why she felt this way. She knew that Keira didn't care about what others thought, she cared about what Anakin thought.

"Obi-Wan won't judge you.", Padmé said softly while taking small steps towards her friend. "You've changed pretty much everything about yourself."

Keira pressed her lips together and tilted her head downwards. "Except your heart." Suddenly her greenish-blue eyes found Padmé's brown ones, a sad laugh escaping her throat.

"You knew many things about me, Padmé Amidala.", she said sadden.  "But not anymore.."

"Keira-", her brunette friend began, but was couldn't talk further as the bounty hunter shook her head.

"I'll head to Christophsis, just like the Council wanted me to.", she simply said and took the only things she needed- her suit and weapons, her lightsabers as well.

Padmé sighed and grabbed the redhaired's woman wrist and held her back, embracing her into a comforting hug. "Keira.", she said once again. "Stay safe."

The former Jedi smiled slightly and nodded. "I will.", she said tenderly. "You too, please."

Keira walked down the temple, outside, she saw her former Master.

Anxiety rushed through her vanes, making her slightly trembling, still. She had to hide her feelings, entirely. Padmé was the only exception, which she always will be.

"Ko to yah, Keira.", he greeted his former Padawan, his former daughter figure. The young woman nodded, closing her eyes and bowing respectfully.

"General Plo-Koon.", she answered, wanting to make her way towards her own ship, instead, she felt her formers Masters aura and stood still, sensing that he wanted to say something important to her.

Keira turned around. "I'm sorry, Keira.", he said, his voice sounding hurt, filled with every piece of guilt he had. She knew he was but it still didn't reverse the one year.

"I know, Master.", she said. "But it won't undo what happened."

"And I really don't want that-"

"Then why did you confront me with an apology?", she interrupted him. Keira had changed much, her emotions towards people she used to love, she still does.

He sighed. "Everything I wanted was-" Keira shook her head and wanted to walk away but stopped when he spoke further. "I just wanted you to love for free."

The former Padawan turned around, shaking her head. "I'm not afraid anymore..", she said.

"What makes you sure?"

"You were all I need..", she ended and looked at her former father figure, feeling his heart break. Keira turned away again and shook her head. "Forget about it."

"When you walked out that door, you left me torn.", he said. "And teached me to live without you."

Keira glared to the side, her greenish-blue eyes filled with guilt but she couldn't let her walls fall, not now.

"Then we tought one another.", she said and walked away, feeling his stares into her back.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hellow people, short af but the next one will start with the clone wars!