TWENTY-EIGHT

Captain of the 501st

《☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

REX WAS SITTING AT THE BARDESK of the 79's - his own kins bar.

He wasn't sure what he should do, now.. that Keira was gone again. Did he report back as usual? Did he go after her? She wouldn't want him anymore anyways.. But yet - he wanted nothing more, did he?

Rex' mind was just.. so over the place since the incident with the blue shadow virus on Naboo.. And Lancelot's sudden "Redemption Arc".

He let out a dismissive scoff and took a sip from his green, alcohol.

"Cap?", he heard the same voice he shared with so many other clones ring into his ears, not sure if he wanted to answer at all..

He needed time to think.

"Captain Rex?"

With an annoyed look, he turned around, facing Kix - whose brown and exact copied eyes gleamed in worry at him. "Did you even report back that Keira left?"

"No.", he said, shrugging carelessly.

Usually, Rex wasn't the emotional type.. but how would you react if you got the one thing you never really knew you needed, just to watch it leave all over again?

"Are you okay?", the medic asked, concern in his face. He knew as much as everybody else that was close to the blue, jaig-eyed man that he had heartache, that he was.. kind of depressed because Keira was gone.

For a third time.

But it was just her nature.. Keira would never stay in one place and grow old there - well.. maybe if it was the right person, for sure wouldn't be him, Rex thought to himself every goddamn time.

"How do you even know, she left?", he asked, his brown eyes glaring curious at his medic, who flashed him an apologetic smile and shrugged.

"She contacted me, telling me to take care of you.", he said honest, causing Rex to scoff once more. "What happened?"

"Nothing?"

Kix chuckled, shaking his head. "I will put you in a room with Fives and Hardcase, they'll annoy you until you spit it out.", he said, earning a little laugh from his Captain. "I promised her to watch after you, and contact her if you're in.. any trouble or worse."

Rex sighed, emptying his cup and standing up from his seat, nodding at his medic.

"You're a good friend, Kix.. But I need to sort this out on my own.", Rex said, as he looked at his brother, whose half tattooed face glared worried at him.

Yet, he watched as his Captain placed his hand onto his shoulder while passing him, nodding thankfully at his friend and putting on his visor, leaving the Doctor by himself at the clone bar.