ELEVEN

Decision

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

WHEN KEIRA HAD left the med bay, her feet dragged the young woman out onto the bridge

WHEN KEIRA HAD left the med bay, her feet dragged the young woman out onto the bridge. She didn't know why, but somehow something bad was about to happen.

She was still proud though, after learning that Anakin and his Shadow Squadron had taken the Malevolance to a halt in destroying Jedi fleet ships.

With a sigh, Keira ran her red fizzled hair through her fingers, the utterness of her aroused feelings exhausting her a bit. "When will this ever end?", she mumbled, earning a confused glare from the Rex himself aside her.

Something had troubled him, she sensed that but she wasn't asking. Not because of the lack of interest- but the anxiety of the outcome. Somehow, she knew that everything woulf go downhill soon, so she couldn't let herself be bothered by some child behaviour.

Yet- she couldn't let him down.

Afterall, Rex himself was the one that was nearly the entire time by her side.

"You good?", she asked, earning a soft sigh from the Captain, when he had turned his head towards her. "Gotta be.", he said, causing the young woman to chuckle softly. He really had the nerve to tease her with her own answers.

"Master.", Keira suddenly heard the concerned voice of the young togruta ring in her ears. "I'm picking up a signal near the enemy vessel."

The red haired woman shared a glance with the Captain, as the two of them walked closer to the Jedi's. Keira, stepping aside her former Master, who sent her a soft side-eyed look.

"Something just came out of Hyperspace."

"Enemy reinforcements?"

"No.", she denied, making Keira's stomach turn at her next words. "It looks like a Naboo ship."

"Padme?", the young woman mumbled, while sharing a worried glance with Anakin, who nodded as concerned as she did. It was his wife.

"Gunners, stand down!", Obi-Wan suddenly ordered hastily. "What in blazes are they doing out there?"

"Ahoska, contact the ship!"

The young togruta nodded. "Naboo cruiser, identify yourself."

"This is Senator Amidala."

Keira walked towards Anakin, who had exclaimed her first name in worry. "Padme?", he asked, earning a nudge from the young woman aside him. "What are you doing out there?"