CHAPTER 53: The Rebellious Carl

"Damn this alarm!" Inabot ng binata ang cellphone niyang walang tigil sa pagtunog. Pinatay niya iyon at nagtakip ng unan sa tenga pero pagkatapos ng limang minuto ay muli iyong tumunog.

"Fine, fine! Babangon na!" He then put it off again, but this time he managed to get up.

Inaantok pa si Carl nang pumasok siya sa banyo para maligo. Pero kailangan niyang gisingin at pilitin ang sarili na gumayak para sa napaka-abalang araw na ito. He started to remove his fit tight black Emporio Armani lounge t-shirt as he turned on the shower to his desired temperature. Sunod namang hinubad ng binata ang boxershorts niya. When the water temperature reached Carl's desire, he lazily and slowly removed the only cloth covering his bulge. He took a deep sigh before finally deciding to immerse himself in the dripping water. Sinimulan niyang basain ang buhok niya at lagyan ng shampoo. Pagkatapos niyang banlawan ang buhok, isinunod naman niya ang mukha. Mabagal ang bawat galaw niya na para bang nais pa matulog sa gitna ng pagligo. Tamad na tamad at antok na antok pa kaya naman ini-adjust niya ang tubig sa pinakamalamig nang magising ang diwa niya.

Carl will attend a series of photoshoot and interviews today with his mother's request. For the past three years, he's busy building sattelite hospitals and helping poor municipalities around the country. Monthly medical mission with his self managed charity organization. Being the medical director of Alcantara Medical City and attending some of his father's events for Alcantara Medical Group. Talking and attending press conference in behalf of his grandfather. He's a very busy man, in those three years, he never entertained a single magazine companies to meddle with his passion of helping the poor. He is doing it out of his passion. Not for the publicity. After refusing all their offers, he ended up being trapped when his mother naughtily replied one of the well known magazine in Asia using his email.

The philantrophic and the most sought bachelor in Asia, Carl Maxwell Tan Alcantara.

He hissed thinking of the magazine's title cover. The content will include his charity works, a couple of steamy and topless photos, his corporate side, him being a medical director, some of his hobbies, side hustles, being a co-owner of a motorcycle company, his past and present achievements. His mother also allowed the said magazine company to include some of his younger photos. His cute baby pictures, toddler and even his highschool photos. They were actually amazed seeing Carl's transition. Not a single picture of him needs a glow up. From infancy, he's a total eyecatcher. Growing up, he becomes attractive day by day. Reaching his thirties just made him more manly and gorgeous.

"Be patient...matatapos din ang araw na to. Mommy will not pester me anymore. Sa wakas matatahimik na siya. Grabe, para niya akong binenta sa lahat ng mga babae." Inis na reklamo ni Carl habang nagpupunas ng katawan.

"What's so wrong with being single? Hindi porket ikakasal na si James eh dapat magka-girlfriend na din ako. I'm not in a rush to marry. Chill mom, I am enjoying my life." Kinakausap niya ang sarili sa salamin habang nagsisipilyo.

It was two weeks ago when his mother happily shared that James proposed to Melissa. Their whole family is looking forward to that day. Finally, Thompson and Alcantara will be unify as uniquely plan thirty years ago when Melissa and Carl was born. Hearing the news, he is a bit shock but on the other hand, he is happy for them. Sa matinong lalaki ito papakasal at hindi sa kung sino-sino. Noong una ay nahirapan siyang isipin at iproseso ang balitang iyon, pero mas pinili niyang maging abala sa sariling buhay. He chose to leave her hearing her sleeping wish without even letting her know what happened to him. His car accident and his struggles just to get in shape again. Ang mga sakripisyo at paghihirap niya makabalik lang kay Melissa ng buhay at buo. Ang patago na pagsulyap at pagbabantay sa dalaga. His pain seeing her happy with James and his sacrifices just to let her follow her dream. Seeing them exchanging their vows one day is not easy. Yet, Carl chose to bravely face the consequence of his decision.