CHAPTER 63: Merciless Tongue

Look at you...letting yourself be wasted and blaming James for your fucking idea!

Carl took a deep sigh looking Melissa from a distant. She's drowning herself on the bar's countertop with mixed liquors while she constantly laugh and cry at the same time.

The agonizing body shot punishment did not ended with Erin licking his chest area. It travelled up from his ears and neck area. It also went down to his navel. That sight hurts Melissa so much making her left the reception before the program ends.

And look at me...following you in this bar and watching you from afar. How pathetic!

He took a deep sigh again and finished the last shot of tequila he ordered. He's trying not to make himself drunk for the purpose of taking care a wasted brat.

It's just a body shot! Kung maka-react ka, para namang nakipag-sex na si James! As if he cheated on you!

Iritableng sabi niya habang pinapanood ang pag-iyak ni Melissa. Naiinis na siya dahil walang tigil ang pag-order nito ng alak kahit halatang lasing na siya. Ilang beses na nga siya kamuntik mahulog sa inuupuan niya sa kalasingan. May mga taong napapatingin na din dahil panay ang sigaw at pagtawa niya habang may kahalo itong iyak. May kalakasan man ang tugtog, mas nangingibabaw ang malakas niyang boses. Napapakamot na lang ng ulo si Carl habang iniisip kung paano ba niya iuuwi ang dalaga. Gusto niyang tawagan si James pero hindi niya magawa. Una, hindi niya gustong mag-isip ito. For three years, Carl had managed to maintain that boundary. He will not let himself be caught. Especially to Missy's fiance. Hiding his love for her is quite difficult. Just this morning, he indirectly utter it infront of Melissa. But as he expected, she is not bothered by those crossing boundary threats. She's really loyal with James. And seeing her crying because of jealousy hurts Carl so much.

What will you do if I decide to cross my boundary? Will you despise me if I try my luck to ruin your relationship with James? Will you hate me, Melissa?

Carl said to himself as he stood and went to Melissa's direction. Hindi na niya matagalan ang pag-iingay nito at ang pagtingin ng mga tao sa dalaga.

"Enough." Inagaw ni Carl ang baso ng alak mula sa kamay ni Melissa. Ininom niya iyon bago pa maagaw pabalik ng dalaga sa kanya.

"Stalker!" Bulol na sabi ni Missy sabay tawa ng malakas.

"Why are you here, Carl Maxwell? Are you stalking on me, hmmm?" Bulol uli nitong sabi sabay senyas sa barista ng kanyang order na alak.

"I followed you. If you want to call it stalking...then okay, I'm a stalker. Are you happy?" Sagot ni Carl sabay agaw uli ng baso ng alak mula kay Melissa.

"That's mine! Mag-order ka ng sayo kung gusto mong-"

Carl took the liquor on his mouth and gave it back to Melissa by opening her mouth with his thumb. He let the liquor on her mouth drip using his mouth. She swallowed some but most of it just drip down to her neck. She supposed to be so drunk and numb, yet she felt the electrifying current that travel from the tip of her hair down to her toes when Carl's lips touches hers. It's not a kiss, but she felt how her body seems to levitate with that skin to skin contact with him.

"How dare you kiss-"

"Giving back what's yours is different from a kiss, Melissa. A brief moment of touching your lips to transfer the vodka in your mouth is not my way to kiss a woman." Carl cut her off by whispering to her ears.

She did not dare to mocked him off again. The touch of his lips on hers and the tickling whisper that Carl did was enough for her to be cautious. It may be the effect of liquor, but her body started to burn in heat. Not just a normal heat but he awaken her sleeping hormones.