CHAPTER 12: Necklace and Watch

"Get off me! Ano ba! Missy!" Sigaw at gigil na sabi ni Carl nang bigla na lang siyang itulak ni Melissa pahiga sa may kama.

He's just wearing a towel on his waist, half naked from the shower downstairs when she pushed and stayed on the top of Carl, holding both of his wrists. She may be a little dizzy, but the cold water made her awake a little bit.

Melissa was wearing his brief and the smallest t-shirt she had found on Carl's walk-in closet. She's actually lying on the bed, about to fall asleep when she saw him standing infront, putting his clothes on.

"I need to be pregnant! Its now or never! You can sue me later for-"

Bago pa matanggal ni Melissa ang tuwalya na nakatakip sa may ibaba ni Carl, mabilis humugot ng lakas ang binata para magkabaligtad sila ng posisyon. They did that mistake once, he does not want to repeat it again.

"You're fucking crazy for having those kind of ideas! Are you that desperate?"

Nakadapa na sabi ni Carl sa kanya habang hawak ang magkabilang kamay ng dalaga. Ang isang braso lang nito ang dumadagan sa may dibdib ni Missy.

"Getting pregnant? Para ano? For us to have connection? Do you think...I will marry you just because you're having a child? Sa tingin mo mamahalin-"

"Mahal na mahal kita Carl. Maghihintay ako kahit gaano pa katagal." Melissa cut him off with her sleepy voice.

Ilang minuto silang nanatili sa ganung posisyon. Tahimik at walang salita na lumabas sa kanila. He's still speechless no matter how many times he heard that line. Melissa had said it to him a countless times. Isa lang ang nagiging reaksyon niya. He may be silent, but deep down he's hurting. Not for himself but for the woman he once loved.

Sana ganun lang kadali Melissa, sana ganun lang kadali na magmahal ulit. If only I can pretend that I don't love Kara anymore. If only I can use your love for me to move on. Pero you don't deserve it. You don't deserve to be a rebound, not to me or to anyone.

Carl said to himself as he brought her into his arms, fixing her position on the bed. She fell asleep after saying those words. Doon na nagkaroon ang binata ng pagkakataon na magpalit.

"That was close." Buntong hininga niya habang nagpapalit ng damit. Hindi niya maitago ang kabang namuo kanina. He is just a man with weakness. Melissa is a woman who can make him moan relentlessly. Ayaw na niyang gawin uli iyon. Hindi dahil sa hindi niya gusto, kundi nire-respeto niya ang puri at dangal ng dalaga.

Pagkatapos niyang magbihis, inayos niya ang kumot ni Missy at naupo sa tabi nito. He has the urge to touch and caress her face. Pero pigil na pigil siyang gawin iyon. Nakuntento na lamang siya sa pagtitig dito ng tahimik nang makita niya ang suot nitong relo at kwintas.

"Favorite watch and necklace, huh?" He commented. Napansin niya na iyon ang laging suot ng dalaga. Those two things were the permanent accent with all of her OOTD's. Sa ospital man o sa labas. She never fail to wear those watch and necklace.

"Not really fashionable, what's with this necklace that you have to wear it every single day? Anting-anting lang?" Carl laughed while holding the white gold pendant. It was a locket pendant with a diamond infinity line on both sides. He never saw her without it. Ganun na din ang relong suot ng dalaga.

"And this G-shock watch? Anting-anting mo din ba to?" He's wondering why she wear watch on the right instead of her left. She's a right handed and it will be easier if she will wear it on the other side.

While holding Melissa's hand where the watch was, Carl saw something that made him curios, wanting to remove the strap to see what's behind it.

"Aaaw! Tsss!" Pero bago pa niya ito matanggal ay dumapo ang kamay na iyon sa mukha niya. Tulog na si Missy at wala ng alam sa mga ginagawa niya. Nag-uunat lang ito, hindi nito sinasadya na mataaman ang mukha ni Carl.