CH04 THE CROSSROADS..

The next morning, Akshara pulled up along the elevated, circular driveway of Anisha’s parents’ home and parked her vehicle to one side at the top of the driveway. She was glad Anisha was free to meet with her that morning, and she smiled at the young woman who came to the door.

She was led to the home office where she waited for Anisha. Akshara placed her computer, purse, and the tote with the catalogue from her friend who was an upcoming designer on the table and looked around the large space. The home office was a large open space with glass walls on three sides of the room. One wall had the beautiful view of the garden in the front yard of the house, one showed the formal living through the open door, and the other wall a central focal point of the house that had natural sunlight streaming from the ceiling and a large tree that added a sense of calm to the perfectly decorated home.

She walked over to the last wall that had wooden shelves built out with pictures and mementos, arranged well on the shelves. She stopped when she saw a picture of a young boy holding an electronic circuit in his hands and the words on the award read

Abhimanyu Birla, Genius – Under 10 Categories…

Her eyes swept over to the next set of mementos that filled the rest of the shelves and realized Anisha’s brother was a prodigy. As a businessman, he is extremely successful and yet a caring brother, just not a reasonable client.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.”

Akshara turned when she heard Anisha behind her. “No problem. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me on such short notice.”

“Not a problem. What’s up?” Anisha gestured her to be seated at the set of couches that were to one side of the study.

“I wanted to discuss a couple of things with you, one about your outfits and the other the venue for the bachelorette weekend.”

Anisha let out a sigh. “I haven’t selected my outfits, and I know you need to know the colour palette, but—”

“Anisha, I’m not here to rush you but to show you some options.”

“I have been to every one of the boutiques in the city, and I know what you are going to say about considering someone from another city or going international, but no. I am going to stick to my theme of choosing everything from my hometown. I love this city too much.”

“Are you open to a new designer?” Akshara asked as she pulled out the folder with the catalogue and the swatches.

“I don’t care if the designer is new, I want something I like, and you know it has to be unique.”

Akshara placed the catalogue on the small coffee table in front of the couch where Anisha was seated and flipped to the page she had marked as the outfit that Anisha might like. She pointed at the beautiful traditional saree decked with beautiful handwork and said,

“I think this style will suit you well.”

Anisha’s eyes widened. “Wow, that’s beautiful, and I could use the saree Mom bought me.”