CH12 DESERVE EVERYTHING

“Raise your hand if you are ready for this.” Anisha laughed pointing at the two rolling closets filled with wedding outfits for Anisha and her family.

The small group of family members who were gathered cheered enthusiastically.

“Me, too,” Neeraj called out making the entire group laugh. Akshara accompanied Neeraj and his team for the dress rehearsals with Anisha’s family.

The large living area was occupied by close family members, and once Anisha was done with her fittings, then her parents and other family members were to dress up and take pictures that would be used during the wedding for display.

Anisha was bouncing with energy with every trip to one of the bedrooms that was designated as the fitting room. Halfway through the outfit trials, Akshara saw a beautiful, deep purple outfit made out of silk. The intricate thread work was with a bright pink making the outfit look dreamy and magical. She smiled remembering a similar outfit she had seen at the boutique in a different colour combination.

“Neeraj, how come Anisha isn’t trying this outfit?” she asked.

“That’s not for Anisha.” Neeraj brushed away her question.

“What? This is so beautiful. Why aren’t you letting Anisha have it? Don’t tell me you made this for another client.”

Neeraj pressed his fingers to his temple. “This outfit was not supposed to be here, it made it here accidentally.”

“Okay. Big deal. Have Anisha try it on.”

“No. It’s a special order for someone else.” Neeraj shook his head.

Akshara narrowed her eyes at him. “You were supposed to exclusively work on Anisha’s outfits. And now you tell me you took a special order?”

“Akshara, please. Can we talk about it later?”

“Sure, but I need to know who you made this for? Another client?”

Neeraj looked at her for a long moment.

“This outfit was ordered for you.”

“What? By whom?”

Neeraj shook his head. “This is not how it was supposed to go.”

“Neeraj?”

“Anisha’s brother’s assistant called and put in the special order for you.”

“You are kidding.” She glared at him.

“No. I was told to make the dress and deliver it with Anisha’s clothes. Now I need to attend to Anisha.”

“Fine. Go. I will deal with you later.”

She let out a growl before stepping out of the room to process the information she heard from the designer. She stepped onto the balcony that was off of the living area and took out her phone and texted Abhimanyu.

Akshara: WE NEED TO TALK.

Abhimanyu: Hi Akshara. Your caps lock is on…

She let out a huffed breath.

Akshara: Mr Birla. We need to talk now, please.