CH11 MR NICE GUY

“Last fun party before the serious ones in a couple of weeks. I’m getting nervous,” Aarohi confessed over the walkie-talkie.

“Don’t be nervous, Aarohi. We got this,” Jai said, making Akshara smile.

She was blessed to have a wonderful team, and the biggest project of her career, she could not have pulled it off without the team of dozens.

“Jai’s right. We got this, guys. Who is covering Deepak tonight?”

“I got him.” Aarohi’s voice came through Akshara’s earpiece.

“I’ll keep an eye on Anisha.” Akshara’s eyes scanned the club that was decked out for the most talked-about party in town.

“And that leaves me with Brozilla?” Jai laughed.

“Don’t call him that. The boss lady doesn’t like it.” Aarohi giggled.

Akshara glared at her best friend across the dance floor, making her laugh.

“Really? What do we call him now? Mr Nice Guy?” Jai teased.

Aarohi nodded. “I think that’s what she would like us to call him. Right, Akshara?”

“Get back to work you, guys.” Akshara maintained a calm tone although she was getting antsy by the minute. She was eager to see him, and she could not explain to herself why.

There was no denying that she had developed a deep admiration for the man, and it was slowly turning into an obsession. Maybe she should just express her thoughts to him in the form of compliments, so she could get them off her mind and get him out of her mind.

It had been over a week since she spoke to him at the campsite, and the fire that he had ignited inside her burned stronger than the one outside.

What happened that weekend that changed how she thought about him?

Was she just fascinated by how perfect he was?

A stunningly gorgeous and caring man.

Perfect for her.

“No. Stop it.”

“What?” Jai and Aarohi asked in unison over the headset, and that’s when she realized she had spoken out loud.

“Oh, it’s nothing.”

“You okay, Akshara? You seem lost,” Jai asked.

“I think I can guess what this is about.” Aarohi raised her eyebrow high, looking at Akshara. Aarohi had always been doubtful about her choice to hire a private investigator.

“It’s not what you think, Aarohi. I am thinking of the main events.”