CH06 HE IS ALL YOURS...

Akshara was in a different state of mind as she walked through the lobby of Birla Corporation a few days later. She had the plan laid out for the bride’s brother to give Anisha the biggest surprise with his grand dance performance.

It was a secret performance that not even her lead, Jai, knew about. Jai was under the impression that he was choreographing a performance for Anisha’s cousin and Karina, her best friend. Akshara’s plan was to tell Karina the day of the event and have Abhimanyu dance in place of the bride’s cousin. She would have to plan a transition that day for the dance so Abhimanyu can close the event with a bang. A smile formed on her face as she rode the elevator to the top floor at the idea of how thrilled her client was going to be.

“Hello, ear.” Mrs Sharma, Abhimanyu’s assistant smiled from behind her desk.

“Good to see you, Mrs. Sharma.”

The older woman waved away the formality.

“Please call me Kamala.”

Akshara let out a laugh.

“I just got used to calling Abhimanyu by his first name. You’ll have to cut me some slack.”

“Good. You kids figured that out.”

“Yes, we did.”

She felt the heat creep up her cheek at the memory of Abhimanyu revealing his knowledge of the term Brozilla.

“He is done with his meeting.Wrapping up some emails. What event are you guys reviewing today?” the older woman asked.

“The bachelorette weekend events.”

A surprise has to be kept a secret from everyone, including Abhimanyu’s trusted assistant as she was in contact with Anisha.

“I am so happy for Anisha and Deepak and Abhimanyu—”

“Did someone say my name?”

Abhimanyu’s voice came from behind, and Akshara felt a zap of energy pass through her. It reminded her of the time he stood behind her the evening of the party where he watched the show with her.

“He is all yours, Akshara. I am heading home now.”

“Good night, Kamala ma’am.”

Akshara nodded at the elderly woman before turning away from her to walk into his office. She walked past him, barely making eye contact as she suddenly felt nervous about the idea of her teaching him how to dance.

Why does it matter?

She took a deep breath gathering the strength from her professionalism to teach him to dance. The strange sensations were annoying, and she dismissed them as an appreciation and admiration to what the man was willing to do for his little sister.

“I have no idea what I signed up for.” He chuckled, loosening his tie.