CH09 I BELIEVE YOU!!

Akshara woke up to the alarm on her phone, and it took her a moment to remember why the house was so quiet and everything from the night before. She felt important with professional security following her home to ensure her safety, and that brought a smile to her face.

She pulled the sheets around her enjoying the feel of the warmth on that chilly morning.

She could not remember the last time she sat down and ate a meal while having a conversation with someone. Not even with Aarohi.

And she spent hours talking about everything under the sun and moon with Abhimanyu without getting into personal stuff other than about his sister.

Maybe it was time to get over the need to hunt for a family, start her own family, and expand it with her good friends. If she found the right partner, she could build a family of her own. She closed her eyes and thought about ways to slow down and not think about work all the time. She could not deny the fact that she enjoyed teaching someone how to dance.

It helped her take her mind off of the list of things that needed to be done. She made a mental note to start joining her team for happy hour and other social events.

She lay in bed suddenly wide awake, excited about teaching Abhimanyu how to dance. Maybe she could leave early and explore the garden outside his place and maybe even catch a sunrise over the hills. Something she had not done in ages. She got out of bed and pulled her messy hair into a pony tail. She showered and grabbed her bag and phone and was out of the door in under twenty minutes.

It was still dark outside as she drove toward his house and scheduled to arrive almost forty-five minutes sooner than planned. It was early spring and still a bit chilly outside, but she couldn’t wait to catch her first sight of the beautiful garden in the morning light. She by passed the lobby check-in since she had the code to the private elevator.

She was so lost in the excitement to hang out in the sanctuary that morning by herself; she had initially missed hearing the low beeping sound in the background.

“Shit,” she murmured when she realized the beeping had to be a security alarm that would go off, waking up the neighbourhood if she didn’t turn it off immediately.

Please had alarm systems on the outside?

She looked around frantically for the control panel as the beeping got louder by the second. When she saw the screen of the alarm system counting down from fifteen, she knew there was no way she could turn the alarm off.

She pulled out her phone and called Abhimanyu only to get his voicemail. She looked around for a on-call button, so she could reach the security team, or should she just get back into the elevator and run back home? Maybe she should just wait for the alarm to go off?

“No.” She dialled his number again, and this time as the phone rang in her ear, the alarm was turned off.

“Did I oversleep?” His voice was groggy from sleep.

“No. I got here early, and the alarm went off.”

He chuckled. “I should have told you last night about the alarm. It’s usually on until eight. Would you like some coffee?”