CH13 SNEAKY BUT CUTE...

“Really? You had to set up the meeting the day we have so much to do?”

Aarohi grumbled as she followed Akshara to the lobby of the Janatha Seva Party office building.

“Aarohi, remember we set this appointment weeks back. I didn’t

have Anisha’s final walkthrough scheduled for this day. We pushed it out so Abhimanyu could attend.”

“Brozilla again.”

“Aarohi,” Akshara warned.

“Fine. I’m sure you are madly in love with him because he said you should continue the search, and you hate me for asking you to stop.”

Akshara stopped and turned to look at her friend.

“I don’t love him or hate you. I thought it was good advice, and I knew he was being objective when he told me I should do whatever would make me happy.”

“Whatever.” Aarohi rolled her eyes.

“Hey, let me tell you that I could not have gotten over every failed investigation if I didn’t have you.”

“Yeah, yeah, sure.” Aarohi smiled as they started walking toward the front desk.

“We are here to meet Mr Nayan. I have an appointment.”

The person behind the front desk checked on the computer and said, “I don’t see an appointment. And Mr Nayan is busy at that time.”

Akshara smiled. “There must be a mistake.”

She showed her phone screen with the text from Nayan confirming the appointment time.

The person behind the desk looked at the date on the text message and said, “Oh, this was before our new system was set up. And unfortunately, Nayan sir is in a meeting with his brother.”

Akshara nodded. “I understand. Can you give me another appointment for later today or tomorrow?”

The man shook his head. “I am so sorry, I don’t have any openings.”

Akshara thought for a moment. “Since I have his phone number, can I text and ask him directly? Will you add it to his calendar if he agrees to a time?”

“Absolutely.”

Akshara pulled up the old conversation she had with Nayan over text and sent him a message.

Akshara: Akshara here, we spoke a few weeks back. I am here for our appointment to discuss the anniversary party, and I understand there has been a mix-up. Please let me know if you have another time this week to meet? Thank you!

She hit send and looked at the man behind the desk. “Would you please give me your contact info, so I can call when Nayan sir confirms the time?”