CH22 YOU COMPLETE ME...

Akshara woke up to the chilly outside air tickling her nostrils. She smiled, stretching and remembering the beautiful night they spent at the terrace of the ancestral home. She suddenly pulled her left hand out of the blanket to make sure last night was not a dream.

She stared at the vintage ruby ring that adorned her finger, and it made her vision blur. The ring was like no other she had seen in all the years she had been planning weddings. The three rubies that were on the ring would be categorized as mismatched colour by a jeweller, the gold would have been deemed as scratched by an assessor, but for her, the history and the symbol of love the ring served as, made it priceless.

It was perfect…!!

She slowly turned to look at the man who turned everything about her life to beautiful in such a short amount of time. She bent down to gently kiss him without waking him up before grabbing her phone to call Aarohi to tell her everything.

It was still early on a Sunday morning, but she knew her best friend would not mind being shaken awake to hear the news about her engagement. She heard Aarohi’s voice after barely a ring.

“You are up early, too?” Aarohi laughed.

“Yeah, how is the rally going?”

Aarohi let out a sigh.

“This is a lot of work, and we need to plan ahead, Akshara. And these brothers are workaholics like you.”

Akshara laughed.

“Then you don’t miss me at all.”

“Not a bit and guess what, the Goenka’s family home here is a beautiful location for—” Aarohi’s voice was lost when a rooster crowed in the background.

“Akshara, where the heck are you? Did you bring us a pet rooster?”

“No.” She laughed and saw Abhimanyu had woken up to the rooster’s call and was shooing it away.

“I’m out for the weekend.”

“Out? Where?”

“I’m at Abhimanyu’s ancestral home?”

“What are you doing there? Checking it out for an event?” Aarohi asked innocently, making Akshara feel guilty.

“I… I’ve kept something from you for a while now, and I didn’t tell you only because I didn’t know where this would go and—”

Aarohi interjected letting out a squeal of joy.

“Who is the guy?

Someone I know?”

“Yes, you do know him.”

She blushed looking at Abhimanyu who had fallen asleep with the sheets pulled over his head.