EPILOGUE

I feel likey readers are becoming more free with me by demanding an epilogue immediately as soon as they ended up reading the last chapter haa...i like your demanding nature though..it makes me feel loved...🤭😁

Five Years Later…

“Why do you look so nervous?” Abhimanyu ran his lips over Akshara’s temple as he whispered.

Akshara squeezed his hand, her eyes on the family and friends gathered for her parents’ special anniversary party.

“It’s going to be emotional for me to see Ma and Papa’s expression, and I hope they like it.”

“Baby, what you are about to do for them is just amazing, and it’s going to be beautiful.” Abhimanyu assured.

“They have no idea, and the guests don’t either. I am having second thoughts about how the media will portray this now that he is the Chief Minister.”

“No one will know. It’s our immediate families and close friends.”

“True.”

She smiled as she scanned the area filled with the large families on her parents’ and Abhimanyu’s side.

Who knew she would go from zero family to thousands of relatives and friends and an endless amount of love from the man who she loved with all her heart?

“What if Ma and Papa don’t like it?”

“Why won’t they?”

She turned to look at the stage’s generic background that was set up for the event to see how it had changed with the props as her parents came walking into the party hall and added, “I think I should cancel this.”

“No. You won’t. This is such a beautiful thought. You do know there are a few cultures that do this… when a man turns sixty, and in many other countries, this is like renewing wedding vows. It’s not like this is a full on wedding ceremony. They will exchange garlands and the guests can bless them.”

“Yes, but I am so nervous.”

She looked at the traditionally decked up stage that would transform into a setup to perform a wedding ceremony for her parents. The couple who tied the knot on paper during a sad and traumatic phase of their life after losing a loved one.

Akshara had found out while looking through family pictures that there was no wedding picture of her father and the woman he loved, the God-sent mother of his three children. She planned a traditional wedding ceremony for them and had only shared the idea with immediate family.

Her father’s five sisters were going to accompany him to the stage like how a groom is brought to the wedding pavilion, while her mother would be escorted by her brothers and cousins, a beautiful sheer curtain lit with tiny LEDs like the groom could not see her until after they have exchanged the flower garlands.