CH18 YOU.BELONG.HERE.

Akshara’s heart raced like a bullet train in her chest, and she lowered her eyes unable to handle the rush of emotions.

“Akshara, look at me.” It was a plea.

She took a deep breath and raised her eyes to him slowly. “Abhimanyu, let’s not take this any further.”

“Why?”

“It’s… it’s a bad idea.”

“Why?” His tone was persistent.

She fell silent as her eyes lowered again, and a million reasons of why there would be no future for them swarmed her mind.

Abhimanyu got up from his chair to walk over to where she sat and kneeled in front of her. A few moments passed, and she kept her eyes lowered. He slowly moved his hand to gently touch her cheek before running his fingers under her chin to make her look at him.

“Akshara…”

She raised her eyes to his, a lost expression in them. He cupped her cheek with his hand and said, “I… I can’t breathe when you look at me like that.”

“Abhimanyu…” She let out a sob unable to speak.

“Akshara, there may be many reasons why this is a bad idea, but we need just one reason to give this a shot.”

He took her hand and flattened her palm on his chest.

“This is not normal for me, and I can’t ignore it. If you feel what I am feeling, then that is the only thing we need not to give up on… what we feel for each other.”

She pressed her lips together and shook her head. “I want you, but

—”

He silenced her, his lips gently brushing over her quivering ones before planting a kiss on her cheek. He laid a trail of kisses on her cheek before pulling back to look at her.

“That is all I want to know, and everything else we can figure it out. I have been waiting to hear those words. I want you, too, and I can’t imagine being able to enjoy another moment without you. I want all your smiles, and I want those beautiful eyes to look at me and sparkle with joy. I want to be the one to fulfil every one of your dreams because you are my dream come true. I want—”

She wasn’t listening anymore as she reached up and pressed her lips to his as her eyes closed. The moment was incredible. His lips were soft as she held on to him, one hand on his collar the other around his neck. The sweetness in the moment, the warmth and softness in his touch soothed the pain she never thought could be relieved, and she felt at home.

She let out a moan when he pulled her closer, angling her head to deepen the kiss. His lips were cajoling as he robbed her of her breath. Her hand went up to his cheek, and she felt him groan in pleasure setting something off inside her.

When they both surfaced for air, he planted tender kisses on her cheeks and held her close to him with their foreheads touching.