CH07 CONVERSATIONS...

“I’m not happy with the menu for the outdoor camping. This food can get cold very fast. Switch to items that can be made quickly on order.”

Akshara looked at one of the short-listed food vendors for the event coming up in a few weeks.

“Okay, I will update the plan and send it to you.”

“By the end of tomorrow, please. I have another vendor who has a plan my team likes, but I want to see yours as I think you can do better.”

The woman who owned the catering service smiled.

“Thank you for the opportunity. I will send you an updated menu soon.”

“Thank you.” Akshara looked at her phone after the woman left and had noticed that Anisha had messaged and called her.

She called Anisha back and said when her client answered, “Sorry, Anisha, I was in a meeting.”

“No problem. Are you free to meet me now?”

“Like now? Where are you?”

Anisha let out a laugh.

“I’m not taking no for an answer. The car is on the way to pick you up. Meet me at Neeraj’s boutique. I need your help. I’ll text you when the car arrives.”

Before Anisha could ask if anything was wrong, she ended the call.

Akshara messaged Aarohi about her leaving the office to meet Anisha and waited for her ride to arrive. She was in the middle of reviewing the props option for the reception that was six weeks away when her phone buzzed a notification.

She picked up her purse and her computer and headed downstairs to the lobby. As she stepped out of the elevator, she saw a car waiting right outside the main doors to the building. She took out her phone to ask Anisha the make and colour of the car, and just then, another message showed up.

Her lips curved up inadvertently when she saw the message.

Abhimanyu: Ms Akshara Kumar. Don’t look at your ride suspiciously.

She bit her lip as she stepped out of the lobby and walked toward the car. She smiled at Abhimanyu as he looked at her, his eyes hidden behind dark aviator sunglasses.

“Hello, thank you for being my ride.”

“Sure.”

Akshara noticed a few moments later that Abhimanyu was not in his usual suit and tie attire, and he had on what looked like a uniform—an olive colored shirt with matching trousers with a logo stitched on the pocket. She noticed how his sleeves were rolled up, and she swore she saw grease stains on his arm.

“What’s with the Top Gun Tom Cruise look?” The words rolled off her lips before she could contain her curiosity.