CH14 BEAUTIFUL LIFE

“That’s it for the night. All the guests in the wedding party are all checked in.”

Aarohi placed her headset on the table in the large room that Akshara and her team took over as the control center for the event. Akshara and her team arrived a few days prior at the resort to get everything set up for the weekend wedding with the major events lined up back to back.

“Good. Please ensure we have extra security covering all employee entrances as well. We cannot have any paparazzi enter the building.”

“That’s taken care of.”

“Go get some sleep.” Akshara patted her best friend’s shoulder.

“You’re the one who needs to sleep most.”

Akshara winked. “I’ll start sleeping on Sunday evening.”

“Don’t start your zombie phase yet.” Aarohi laughed.

“I’ll be fine. Go sleep.”

“Good night. Jai is in the banquet hall practicing the dance.” Aarohi yawned as she left the room.

Akshara was running through the checklist one last time for the day when she heard a knock on the door. She looked up to find Abhimanyu at the door, looking as gorgeous as ever even though he was only wearing a t-shirt and cargo shorts. She had not seen him in a week but had thought of him every moment.

Every single thing she did reminded her of him or he was on her mind all the time.

“Hi, Abhimanyu.”

“Would you care for a drink?” he asked as he stood by the door.

“No. I’m good. Thank you.”

He turned away from her and gestured to someone before he stepped into the room.

“What are you working on?”

She placed her pencil on the table as he sat across from her.

“The usual stuff.”

“There is nothing usual about what you do.”

She smiled.

“Thank you. How was your business trip?”

“Someone is keeping tabs on me.” He chuckled.

“I called Mrs. Sharma as you suggested to make an appointment for my factory tour, and she mentioned you were out on a last-minute trip.”

“So, you’re serious about visiting the factory?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? I can’t wait.” She shrugged.

“I thought you were busy supporting the events for the newly formed political party.”

“We are still at the inception phase with the political events, and we would be providing basic services like catering and taking care of logistics. My core team and I get to catch a break.”

“Okay, good. Hope you enjoy the tour.”

“Sounds good.” She smiled and leaned closer and whispered, “Are you ready for your dance tomorrow?”

He leaned closer, filling the space around her with his woody and masculine cologne and whispered back, “I don’t know.”

She let out a laugh, pulling back to look at him.

“I think you are ready.”

“So, the plan is to let Anisha finish dancing with our little cousin, and