Chapter 9

He was sat on the chair in the corner of my living room with his hood up and his hands together infront of him,

I was struggling to read him.

He let out a huge sigh.

"Sit down"

I didn't move

"Please. Sit. Down, we need to talk" he put his head in his hands and sighed again.

I sat down on the sofa, opposite him.

We stared at each other which felt like forever.

How did he even get my new address.

Before I had the chance to ask him, he blurted out "Have you made a decision yet?"

"No" I whispered.

"Why are you here?" I asked

"Are you joking? I told you I would be back regardless, turns out you moved apartments the next fucking day, then after trying to track you down, you ignore me and then when you do respond you tell me your pregnant with my child but you don't know whether you're having an abortion or not and if you do by any chance happen to keep the baby you don't want me involved? Really? Wow. I'm fucking hurt! and tell me, if you do have this baby and the truth eventually comes out, which it will, it always does, are you going to be the one that has to explain it all to my daughter? Because she's going to want to know how she got cheated out of a brother or sister, Fuck sakes! You didn't think about her, did you?"

I didn't know what to say to him, I was still so angry with him but he's right, I had completely forgotten that he has a daughter.

Silence filled the space between us for a few moments.

"Please keep our baby" he was pleading with me and I don't know whether he was about to start crying or if he was just tired from touring but it really struck a cord in me and I felt even more confused about this situation.

"I don't know" I murmured "This is why I weren't sure whether I was going to tell you" and as soon as those words left my mouth I instantly regretted them.

His head snapped to the side "It gets fucking better" he grabbed his custom Louis Vuitton duffel and stood up.

"My daughter is here asleep. Her name is Cassie and No, she doesn't know. We were in Italy and after you sent that message, we packed our things and flew straight here, she was tired so I put her in what I think is your guest room and I'd rather not wake her up, it's late"

"Beens as you don't want us in the baby's life, can she please just stay here for tonight, you at least owe her that and I'll pick her up in the morning" he couldn't even look at me.

"You don't have to go, it's late, I can sleep on the sofa and you can have my bed"

"Nah, you're pregnant, I'm not kicking you or my baby out of bed to sleep on a couch and this is probably the only thing I will ever get to do for my child, that's if you decide to keep it anyway, I need time to process this, I need to go"

And he left.