Chapter 17

Amy's POV

I walked back into the restaurant and sat back down with Jess and Hannah, I was so angry with MGK, my face couldn't hide it.

"Are you okay?" they both questioned

"Yeah I'm fine" I gave them a smile

"Are you sure" Jess questioned

I nodded

"Is Ambs okay?" Jess continued.

"Yeah shes just not feeling well" I lied

Jess sighed whilst running her fingers through her hair.

"I know somethings going on and I know there's something you're not telling me, how long have we been friends for? I know your lying to me, the pair of you, so what's going on? Amber has spent the last month acting really strange"

"Jess, don't" I warned

"Whatever, I thought we were best mates and I thought we didn't lie to each other or keep things from each other, I thought we were family! so what's fucking changed?"

"Oh Jess just shut up, this isn't about you, or me or our friendship, so just stop"

Before she had the chance to respond the food came, I told them to put Amber's food down where she was sitting before she left and we continued to eat our food in silence whilist Hannah sat there looking awkward as fuck.

"Soooooo, how's everyone's food" she awkwardly asked.

"Good" I answered and Jess ignored her.

We finished our food and Jess announced she wanted to leave as we were waiting for the waiter to bring us our bill Hannah walked over to the window.

"Woah, guys, I don't think I can drive in this weather its got worse"

Me and Jess glanced at the window.

"I need to call Amber to make sure she's got back safe"

I dialled her number and it rang for a while and then she answered.

"Hey, just checki.., Hello?" I could hear the heavy rain in the background and then I heard her scream.

I could feel the colour drain out of me.

"Hello Amber, what's going on, where are you, we're coming" I shouted down the phone and everyone turned to look at us, Jess had a worried look and Hannah started walking back over from where she was stood next to the window.

I put the phone on speaker so they could hear. Amber was repeatedly screaming for help down the phone but she wasnt responding to my questions and that's when I heard a loud bang followed by other crashing sounds.

"Oh my god, what's going on?" Jess started panicking.

"We need to leave now, I'll drive" I told them.

"Jess call the police, tell them we think our friend has been involved in an accident"

She nodded, tears started to form in her eyes.

On the way out I handed the money to the host and told them to keep the change because we didn't have time to wait.

"What are we going to do?" Hannah asked.

"Drive the route she would of taken to the apartment, Hannah ring her phone back, I can't concentrate in this weather and be on the phone"

We got in the car and Hannah still couldn't  get through to her and Jess had given as much details about Amber and the car she was driving as she could, she was waiting on a call back from the police.

As we were looking around to see if we could see any sign of Amber's car, I broke out into tears.

"You're right, I haven't been honest with you" I sobbed

"Amy, what's going on?" Jess who was sat in the passenger seat, put her hand on my shoulder and Hannah leaned as far in as the back middle seat belt would allow her to so she could hear what I was about to tell them.

"I need to tell you something, but first and foremost I still need you to keep looking out for Amber's car and secondly, this can't be repeated to anyone including boyfriends" I looked at Hannah through the rear view mirror and she nodded her head.

"Amber had a one night stand with someone and she's pregnant" I continued explaining as much as I could including  what had happened with the stalker she had recently adopted and I managed to keep out MGKs name.

After I had finished I looked over at Jess who for once in her life looked speechless.

"Jess, are you still with us" I questioned

"Just processing, I need a minute" she told me.

Hannah started questioning who the person was that Amber was having a baby with.

"Do we know him?"

"Erm, not personally, no" was all I could respond to that

"Well, do you know him?" Hannah pushed

"No, not really"

"This is a lot to process, I'm going to be an auntie but I have questions" of course she does, Jess had found her words again "Does the guy know about the baby?"

"Yes he knows" I replied

"Is he going to be involved?" she asked

"I think so"

"What do you mean, you think so? And are they together? Does he treat her well?"

"Woah Jess, I can answer one question at a time, no they are not together and most likely won't ever be after tonight, he's got issues" I told her "He's really complicated" I added.

"We wanna see his insta" Hannah piped up.

"I don't have him on Instagram" I shot back.

"Look we need to be looking out Amber's car, then we will talk about all of this and Amber can tell you herself about everything that's been going on" I was starting to get irritated.

Jess' phone started ringing.

"Hello" she answered the call.

"What?" she started crying

"What's going on" I whispered and she held her hand up to me to tell me to shh! so she could hear what was being said.

"Ok, Where? I know where it is, I'm on my way" and she hung up.

"Jess, was that the police? what's happened" she couldn't speak

"Jess, you need to breathe and tell us what the officer just told you"

"We need to drive to the main bridge out of the city, a car rolled off it about an hour and a half ago and the plates match Amber's"

I screamed smacking my hands on the steering wheel and to make it worse, we were stuck it traffic.

30 minutes later we pulled up at site of the accident, it was cordoned off, there were police cars everywhere, two ambulances, a first responder and a fire truck. We immediately jumped out of the car and I ran underneath the police tape before being grabbed by an officer.

"You can't go down there" he warned.

"Is she dead" I sobbed

He didn't answer me and another officer came over and tried to comfort me and out of the corner of my eye I saw Jess throwing up.

"Is. She. Dead?"