Chapter 30

Almost a week had past by, my phone hadn't stopped ringing, if it wasn't Colson or Cassie calling, it was Ashleigh or another number I didn't recognise but I was sure it was to do with him. Amy had even tried calling me, but I didn't want to offload my problems onto her because she's already dealt with enough of them and I was also really embarrassed to explain the situation. I knew I was well overdue an 'I told you so'

On a positive note though, I had decided that rather than let the pain destroy me and eat away at me bit by bit, I needed to sort my shit out and that's what I had spent the week doing.

I tried to keep myself as busy as possible and don't get me wrong there were times where I would just burst into tears but I didn't have time to dwell on it, so rather than throw myself a constant pitty party, I gave myself a pep talk and got back to sorting my life out.

On my first night here, I had found myself struggling to get it together, I couldn't stop crying which then turned into a panic attack which was a key indicator that I needed to move on with my life so I messaged Izzy, my receptionist and gave her an offer she couldn't refuse.

I asked her if she would like to find someone to replace her as I wanted to promote her to my personal assistant. She jumped at the offer, better pay, company car and she also gets to work from home when she's not actively assisting me. It was a no brainer for her.

She was amazing, within 2 days she had my apartment listed for sale, she popped out and grabbed me some new clothes and even picked up a new laptop for me because I had left mine at Colson's suite.

We had got through so much and generally I felt better, what was on my mind though was the scan that was in two days time, I was so anxious I was struggling to eat and I wasn't sure how exactly to deal with the scan if I'm being honest because we had booked a doctor to go to Colson's suite so that we wouldn't get photographed at the hospital, even if we had gone separately and someone saw him by himself you can guarantee outlets such as TMZ would end up digging around but now knowing Megan is there pregnant, I really don't want to go back there and I also don't want him here knowing where I am.

I spent the whole day contemplating what I should do and then it hit me.

I called Izzy asking if she would do me a huge confidential favour.

I then shakily started sending a message to Ashleigh.

Me

Hi Ash, I didn't really know who to message but I don't wanna speak to Colson so I figured you were my best option.

The scan is in two days time and I don't want to move it to where I am because I don't want him following me, but I need to grab some of my things from the room I was staying in so can you let him know, I'll be back for the scan but I do not want Megan there, I don't want to see or hear her.

Then I sent a message to Amy before continuing with my day to which she actually replied to.

A few hours later, I got a call from from Izzy... My apartment had been sold! It had only been listed for a few days and even though I got what I wanted for it, I was still gutted because that place was supposed to be my dream home, my sanctuary.

Before I had the chance to start crying again my phone started vibrating, it was a message from Ashleigh.

Ashleigh

Thank god you've messaged me back. Are you ok?
Colson is a mess.
Look Amber, this isn't an ideal situation but he does love you and as shit as it is for you, it's also an impossible situation for him too, he didn't know he was going to meet you and fall in love with you.
Are you not willing to talk things through with him? Surely this isn't too far gone?