Chapter 32

"Merry Christmas Amy" I greeted her whilist I was trying to hold back tears.

"Merry Christmas Amber" she responded in a hesitant tone.

"Did you get auntie Amy a copy of the scan photo?" she asked really excited.

"Yes I did" I murmured.

She turned her head towards me and gave me a sympathetic look.

"What?" I questioned

"Are you OK?"

Tears silently started running down my cheeks and she awkwardly tried to reach over to give me a hug while battling with her seatbelt.

"Ambs, are you sure you wanna do this? Because if you don't..."

"Yep" I cut her off before she could finish, I didn't want the opportunity to change my mind and to clarify, I didn't wanna do this, but I didn't have a choice, I had to do this and believe me when I say this is the hardest decision I've ever made, it was killing me.

"Well I collected your things from the hotel and our plane tickets are in my bag" she told me

"Thank you" I smiled.

"No probs"

I wiped my face and we drove in silence for a while.

I couldn't stop thinking about how Colson is going to react or feel when he wakes up in the morning and realises I'm gone.

The thought sent a shiver down my spine and a wave of sickness took over.

I think Amy could tell that I was really struggling because she grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"You're going to be just fine Ambs" she whispered.

"I know"

"Ambs, can I ask you something?"

"What?" I replied

"What's actually happened between you both? Do you wanna talk to me about it?"

I shook my head.

"Right okay, well, when you're ready I'm here ready to listen"

Just when I thought she was going to leave it alone, she spoke again "He hasn't hurt you has he? Because if he has I swear to god, I will rip his balls off, dissect them in front of him and make him eat them"

"Woahhh, Calm down you psychotic lunatic"

She let out an over dramatic sigh, which I can't really blame her, I mean, I had talked her into practically running away with me.

"Listen, I'm just not ready to talk about it yet, I need time to gather my thoughts, but as soon as I have, I will tell you everything I promise, I really appreciate you and I am so grateful to have you in my life, I just need time to figure somethings out" I added.

"Okay" she responded in a defeated tone.

"Thank you, love you"

"Love you too"

Once we got to the airport, we checked in and made our way to Starbucks, Amy grabbed a sandwich and a machiato and I got a decaf white latte.

"You know you need to get rid of your phone, right?"

"I've taken my location off" I told her

"What about tracking your number?"

"What? How the hell does that even work? Isn't it just people with authority that can do that?"