Chapter 10

I struggled to sleep last night.

I tossed and turned and all I could picture in my head was the look on his face as he begged me to keep the baby.

It was haunting me and I was really worried about him.

I was also nervous about having to spend time with his daughter this morning, I wonder what he's told her, so as an ice breaker, I decided to get up, get dressed, check my emails and start making breakfast for her.

I didn't know what she liked so I made the whole entirety of my cupboards, there was bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes, toast, cereals, fruit and crossaints.

After I had finished, I placed a jug of water and a Carton of fresh orange juice on the table, now I need to pray she wakes up soon before it all goes cold.

Just as I was about to take a seat at the table, I started to feel really sick so I bolted to the bathroom to throw up and as I started wiping my mouth, I could hear footsteps in the spare room so I quickly washed my hands and walked back to the kitchen and took a seat.

"Hi" I turned around to face the girl.

"Hi Cassie" I smiled at her "My name is.."

"Amber, I know who you are, my dad told me all about you"

"All good things I hope?"

"All good things" she confirmed

"Come and sit down, I made you breakfast" I gestured to the table

"You've made the whole building breakfast" she started laughing "Thank you, this looks amazing, I don't think i'm going to be able to eat all of this" she pointed out.

"Don't worry, I promise I don't expect you to eat it all, I weren't sure what you liked so I made everything"

She started filling her plate with bacon, pancakes and sausages.

After an awkward 10 minutes or so, we had both loosened up a little bit and started to engage in general chat.

She started telling me about her school work, her friends and random things about her and her dad.

Then, we started talking about fashion and she asked to see my closet, so we spent a while going through handbags and shoes.

"You have a really cool style" she told me.

"Thanks!"

"Can I ask you a question?" she turned to me and I nodded my head "What do you do for a living? Like what's your job?"

It was clear she was asking me this to make sure I wasn't a gold digger taking advantage of her Dad, but I get it, they have to be careful about who they let in their lives and that's understandable, it made me melt how protective she is over him, the way she had spoken about him and watching her face light up, just showed the closeness of their relationship and how strong their bond was.

It really was a beautiful thing.

"I own a digital marketing company called, Let's get Social" I told her.

"That's cool" she responded and grabbed her phone.

"Is this you?" she showed me our company Instagram page.

"Yes, if you click on the link in the bio, it will take you to our website" I could clearly see she was trying to verify me "or even better, I have an idea, have you heard off your dad this morning?"

"Nope, not yet"

"Well do you wanna text him and tell him we are going into town because I need to collect paperwork from my office and I can show you around if you like?"