Chapter 37

Third persons POV

"That fucking bitch!" Ash fumed. "Honestly I didn't see this coming" Liv held her hands up "At least not at first" she continued.

Colson sat on the bed leaning his face into his hands. He didn't know what to say, his head was experiencing so many emotions that it had started to shut down. He felt emotionally and physically paralysed.

Ashleigh sighed and sat down next to him taking the envelope he was holding out of his hands. As soon as he had told her what had happened, she took the elevator straight up to his hotel room, Liv in tow, to not just discuss the phone call but also to deliver her news.

"I've scheduled another emergency meeting with the team which will include legal, we are going to handle this efficiently and nip it in the bud as quickly as possible" Ash gently rubbed his back.

Liv walked around to his other side and also sat down.

Colson stood up.

"I don't care about Megan's shit right now! Are those photos real?" He whispered whilst staring into space.

"We are 97% sure they are" Ashleigh stated.

"The guy leading the PI team had a tip off from his contact who works at the police station uk side saying Amy's family had reported her missing and obviously it's been what? Three and a half weeks now? So they had to look into it, you know, because of how long she had been gone for and well.. they managed to locate her and after our team followed her for a while she led them to Amber"

He nodded his head "and who's this fucker she's with?"

Both women awkwardly shrugged their shoulders.

"We don't know" Liv whispered

"Right" Colson rubbed his hands over both eyes.

"I'm done with this shit!" He started grabbing his stuff and putting it into his suitcases.

"Liv, I need a plane now"

"Colson.."

"Ash, don't" he warned

"This isn't just about Amber, she's carrying my child and I need to do right by my baby. I need to keep them safe, remember the accident? Or has that completely vanished from everyone's minds? and besides I fucking deserve to know my child and my child deserves to know me, she's out of order she literally took MY child away from me, who the hell does that?"

Ashleigh gave him a sympathetic smile, she knew he was ranting because of the guy in the pictures with Amber.

"I'm going to come with you"

"Ash, I need to do this by myself"

"Colson, I'm fucking coming with you!"

"Ash, in all due respect you're my manager not my baby sitter"

That comment quickly worked its way into every nook and crevice of Ashleighs mind, she was about to rip right into him when Colson continued "Look, you keep telling me I need to grow up and here I am being an adult and fixing my own shit, I'll take Slim and you and Liv can deal with the Meg situation"

She took a deep breathe and tried to remain calm because she knew that he was already agitated enough without adding more fuel to the fire "Fine just make sure you calm down before you speak to her and seriously think about what you're going to say. Last thing you wanna do is make things worse because next time we might not be able to find her"

Colson ignored her, he grabbed his phone and called Slim to let him know that they were leaving for Sicily as soon as Liv had sorted out flights for them.

-