𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

HIS ICE COLD SKIN BRUSHED AGAINST THE MANTLEPIECE, his expression grim, his eyes hollow of any emotion, his darkened brunette hair was matted and unkempt, his mouth formed in a thin line, the clothes that clad his back were ones he had worn for weeks, not having the energy to change. Marcus was tired.

Tired of everything.

Tired of his brothers hiding secrets from him.

Tired of not being able to do any of his duties as a king.

Tired of being useless.

Tired of knowing his true mate is endangered and he cannot do anything about it.

A knock on the door slightly distracted him from the million thoughts running through his brain at the very moment, he let out a slight response to whoever was there. The door shot open within seconds, the face of Aro Volturi came into his line of vision, his facial expressions seemed painted with panic.

'Marcus we must leave.' The words fell out of his mouth quickly, his head suddenly snapped up to get a better look at the man beside the fireplace. 'What the hell is wrong with you?! Do you not feel the pain?' Aro seethed, angry that his brother was ignoring the fact their mate was in pain and endangered.

Of course Marcus felt the pain, it was unbearable to keep within him everyday, but the fact was that he kept to himself and did nothing about it, as he thought he deserved the pain, he deserved the torture, if his mate was going through worse, he wanted to go through it instead.

'You dare to just stand around like this? Caius has been up to his neck in our duties!' The dark haired king snapped, his eyes dark and cold with malice as he stared at his brother, the urge to just break something swimming through his thoughts

Marcus walked at a slow human pace to his bag, he kept it packed at all times, showing he wasn't going to settle until she was safe in his arms. His large hands wrapped around the leather handle as he bumped his shoulder against Aro's as he walked through the door.

'Remember, we are going to Australia. Do make sure you do not gleam like those sequins on those tourist's dresses.' Aro called down the dark halls of the building, before following where he believed his brother to go.

Caius was already waiting by the vehicle, his eyes glued to paperwork he held in his hands, giving a quick flick of his pen before picking up yet another piece from the large box beside his feet; a servant quickly scuttled by and placed it into the back of the seating area.

'Ah, I see you took your time dear brother.' Caius tried to give his signature smug smirk, but he failed as he was yet again hit with another wave of pain emitted from the bond ties, connecting them to their hearts that were residing in a single human form that they were now putting their lives on partial hold to search for.

Marcus was already sat in his usual seat, leaving Caius to slide into his with Aro following, settling into the front. Demetri revving the engine, smirking at the car next to them which held Felix, Jane, Timothee and Alec, whom responded with their own rev of the car.

Caius rolled his eyes, before returning them to the abundance of papers he still had to sign and review. Marcus didn't spare them a glance and instead stared at the back of Aro's seat, keeping this for what seemed to be the rest of the car ride.

Even when they had boarded the plane, Aro was looking back on Mary Alice Brandon's visions, replaying the part where he could see her face, so perfect it was as if the gods above had lovingly carved her out of the finest stone, long, wavy brunette framed this, her deep brown eyes were so beautiful, yet they held a hint of fear inside of them; this angered Aro, whom like the rest of his brothers, wanted her safe in their arms, out of the way from anyone who dared to attempt to harm her.

'Master.' A deep voice called out to him

The thought of anyone harming her made him rigid, his body stiffened as his eyes darkened, she was in harms way, they had yet to save her, she was most likely dead, drained by another who dared to attack the girl who was destined to him.

'Master Aro.' The voice appeared again

His head snapped towards the owner of the voice, yet he could not see them clearly, his vison was blurred, the voice belonged to the man whom had laid their hands on her, they deserved death, worse than death even, they deserved to suffer.

He pounced upon the large man standing in the doorway, hands clasping around the man's throat.

'Aro?!' A blond man came into the room, shocked by what he saw before him, ripping Aro off of Felix immediately. 

𓆩☀𓆪

It hurt.

Everything hurt.

Her head lay against the man who was carrying her, she couldn't feel her own body, whimpering at the pain she felt not only from her chest, but the entirety of her body. It burnt, everything felt as though it were burning like a raging fire was trapped within her corpse-like body.

The man slowly turned his head towards her, his face was covered with grime and sand, his eyes shone with guilt and sadness as he walked through the barren desert clutching her in his grasp.

'You're awake.' He managed a weak smile, his tone was gruff and crackly as he struggled to speak with his lack of hydration 'I'm glad you hung in there Darling.' His accent held Australian tones within it, he most likely hadn't shaven in a while, his stubble was showing, cuts were littered across his cheek.

'Oi, Jack, you want me to hold 'er?' Yet another voice spoke up from quite far behind, Katherine strained her head and her eyes to catch sight of yet another young man, stubble also painted across his cheeks and chin, yet he held no sign of bruises or cuts.

'Please.' The man carrying her called back, his head slowly looked back at the girl he held 'As light as you are, my brother needs a little help with direction, and I can handle the map better with two hands than he can.' He spoke softly, unsure of how sensitive she may be

She hummed as she felt herself being passed into large hands, feeling the man's biceps in his arms as he adjusted her until she felt herself comfortable. 'You comfy Doll?' The man's voice was a little more strong with an accent than his brother's and he didn't seem as dehydrated, yet anyone could tell everybody had a lack of nutrition and water.  

'Yes, thank you.' She felt herself speak, her voice soft and quiet as she got used to the unfamiliar feeling of talking

'And she speaks!' The man known as Monte celebrated softly as he saw a small smile appear on the girl's face, returning it before he saw her eyes flutter once more, closing once more

'Tell me Jack, why the hell did we have to walk through the middle of the middle of Australia? Literally an Australian desert?' Monte moaned as he stepped on yet another small cactus, cursing as he felt the pain go through the sole of his shoe

'We need to get away from Sydney, we're in the papers Monte, not in the good way.'

'So where do we go now?'

'Wherever destiny takes us Monte.' Jack spoke with a glimmer of hope in his voice, but little did he know that it wouldn't take much to crush it.

And it would be crushed.

---

AN: Okay, I know you guys never read these, but I wanted to thank EVERY SINGLE READER for over 10k+ reads on this book! Quite honestly never thought this book would get 100! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!