𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐌𝐫𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

LOUD SOUNDS OF VEHICLES, racing through the snowy, January streets of the capital startled the girl as she found herself suddenly in the middle of the road. Her heart pounded against her ribs as she ran off of the way before she was hit by a crimson Volvo charging down the streets.

She was still in a long black gown from her time at the castle; it was now ditched in the dirt from the ground and soaked from the pouring rain. Her heart ached as she cried, she was glad to be away from them, so why did she miss them?

It all felt hopeless, she was alone again.

It was always the same cycle.

Weeping, she plodded on through the icy streets, soon coming into the downtown areas. A humble bakery could be seen up ahead, looking like a converted townhouse she could possibly ask for an old loaf perhaps?

She was unsure now, her time with them had caused her walls to weaken, her mind unstable. Suddenly, she had an idea of how she could possibly get herself a better meal.

𓆩☀𓆪

FLASHBACK - katherine's childhood - 13 YEARS OLD

Smiling at the passers by, a vendor attempted to sell bags of fast food to the passers. A couple gave him a few notes for a large bag and shuffled off.

'Feelin' a McDonalds, Burger King, Subway? We got it here folks! Cheaper than your local!' He hollered into the streets

Katherine felt so ravenous, so very desperate for a meal. She needed one of those bags, but how? She had no money, but could she possibly distract him somehow? Suddenly, she saw herself in front of her, wearing much nicer clothes and her hair neat and healthy. To Katherine she looked like she was encased in pure light, yet to others she seemed to have a beautiful glow that drew them towards her, to only look at her.

Seizing her opportunity, she leapt towards the table and snatched a bag, darting back to an alleyway to eat the goods inside. Although she was unsure about what happened when she saw herself and everything else, yet she didn't question it as she dived into the greasy goodness that the bag contained.

𓆩☀𓆪

Yet when she saw the lady at the counter as the bell tinkered, she couldn't bring herself to steal as she saw her warm smile and inviting presence.

'Bonjour ma chérie, comment puis-je t'aider ce soir?' She asked, her voice drawing her in even more

'Auriez-vous du pain de rechange que je pourrais avoir? Je n'ai pas d'argent tu vois.' Katherine replied, desperately looking into the woman's eyes