𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

KATHERINE SAT IN THE GARDENS, her best friend by her side. The two were talking quietly as the sun reflected off of their skin, the girl's was dreadfully pale from the lack of sunlight she had obtained whilst locked in the Romanian castle, while Timothee's was sparkling, which, of course, she commented on.

'Maybe I should lend you some concealer, I'm sure we'd be the same shade.' She giggled as he gave her daggers. 'Oh come on, I'm just about as pale as you all now.' Katherine rolled her eyes, hoping that she could convert the horrible memories into jokes to make herself feel better about the whole situation.

'You're horrible.' He replied bitterly as he threw a few pieces of grass in her direction, to which she scrunched her eyes shut and blew the pieces away that had unfortunately landed upon her mouth, brushing the rest off of her shorts.

A heatwave had recently passed through Volterra, and Katherine was suffering in the gowns. The next day countless summer dresses, shirts, skirts and shorts had appeared in her wardrobe, although despite her constant asking, the Kings always denied having any part of it.

'Yet you still stick with me.' She smirked, but he when about to deny it she was quick to follow up her words. 'Shut up.' Katherine giggled, blowing a dandelion in his direction, his face had contorted into one of mock exasperation after the seeds landed all over his face and had gotten stuck amidst his curly locks.

Shaking his head, attempting to get them out, he rolled his eyes as she plucked yet another one out that had still gotten itself woven into his hair. 'There. All gone.' Katherine smiled.

𓆩☀𓆪

'CÉCILE, TU DOIS ARRÊTER DE SOUFFLER ÇA DANS MES CHEVEUX.' The boy grumbled as the two sat in the small meadow that lay outside the crowded outskirts of Paris. The dandelion seeds still laced into his curls.

'Non, c'est tellement drôle de te voir ennuyé.' She giggled as he threw her a dirty look. 'Ne me regarde pas comme ça, espèce de bouffon.' Cecile scolded the boy as she ruffled his hair, a few of the seeds flying loose out of the dark mop.

𓆩☀𓆪

'TIMOTHEE?' Katherine asked the boy who had been staring at the very same spot for the past few minutes. 'Hellooo? Earth to Timothee?'

He shook his head hastily, his eyes darting all around him. 'Sorry, just... Zoned out a bit.' He summed up, his eyes apologetic. Timothee's eyes darted to his watch, they widened ever so slightly. 'Come on, let's get you inside, your father asked me to have you meet him in the kitchen by 4:45pm.' The boy stood, offering his hand to the girl as she pulled her body up.

'What? Has he cooked or something? Please don't tell me he has cooked...' She said sheepishly, not to cause any offence, she just didn't exactly trust a being's cooking that hadn't eaten in decades.