𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

CAUTIOUSLY AS HE STEPPED, Jack peeped around the hustle and bustle of the marketplace in the centre of Volterra, cries of promotion were called out in almost every corner. Chickens and piglets ran under tables and caused havoc as the sun beamed down on the chaotic yet happy town. Tourists poked and prodded at delicate souvenirs and traditional, native meals.

'Daunt! Do not try and steal that chicken.' An upper guard barked at his brother, whom was in the middle of scooping a chicken up and under his shirt, he cursed under his breath at becoming caught

Native birds flew through the surprisingly clear skies of early January; their tuneful cries to one another seemed to be the melody of the town. The guard were supposed to take them to find food for themselves, yet they did not know that it was mostly for Katherine.

Picking up an apple, Jack whistled over his shoulder for a guard, a burly vampire with short blond hair ran over, a scowl painted on his face 'We are not dogs.' He snarled throwing a coin into the woman's hand as she thanked them.

A hand grabbed onto his arm and Monte began to drag him towards the guard whom were now leaving, Ruby Summers appeared to be near the front, eager to return as if she was anticipating seeing somebody special, yet Jack couldn't place a finger on who.

Soon enough they were back at the castle, Jack was with a member of the middle guard and they were roaming around the hallways of the castle, the candles hanging off of the wall illuminated the ancient stone. Jack was still eager to find Katherine or Thorea, even if one of them were dead, he asked the guard for some water, and with a roll of their eyes, they obliged and ran off, telling him to wait.

How easy the guard was to get rid of made Jack chuckle; he never was somebody to lie or to sneak around, yet the thrill of it was exhilarating. He came across a large set of double dark oak doors, yet as he hid behind a pillar, he noticed the entryway was flanked by two guards, their expressions stoic and icy, one was taller and burlier than the guard he had met earlier, the other was a little smaller, yet his being still blared sirens of danger.

Suddenly, an idea shone brightly in his mind, he looked down at his outfit, it was dark, like what the guard wore, the only thing he was missing was the silver crest higher guards wore, or even a bronze one that the middle ones donned, yet the brass ones that the lower guards obtained would never allow him to explore. He would never be able to pull off the gold ones that the Elites wore, he would be foolish to use a royal one, golden with 4 gemstones. He had heard the twins talk to Monte, explaining about how the gemstones were chosen by the Kings, a diamond, a ruby, an amethyst and a sapphire, it was chosen after the four seasons and the King's birthstones, yet the sapphire confused many, it was seemingly chosen as it was from an Autumn month, although why it was a sapphire was unclear.

Deciding to test his luck and leave without one, he dashed to one of the uniform laundry rooms a few halls downstairs; picking out a plain black outfit and selecting a cloak, he changed quickly, slicking his hair back and putting on his best stoic expression before walking back up to the door, eager to know what was inside. 'Excuse me.' He cleared his throat before he let his voice flow into the ears of the guards in front.