𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

PLACING ANOTHER PAPER INTO THE DRAWER, Aro sighed as he signed yet another approval request, the scrawl of the quill was now as annoying as a fork scraping on a plate or styrofoam squeaking as it was pulled out of a box, respectively, yet he would not have to endure it for much longer; the door burst open and in stormed Marcus, his face contorted with a rage that had not been faced for many millennia, the door slammed against the wall, the delicate wood almost shattering in the contact, his footsteps were heavy as they pounded against the stone floors.

'How dare you.' His words were no question, they were a statement, one laced heavily with malice and venom as he slammed his hand flat against the top of the desk, smashing a hole into the surface; Aro only rolled his eyes and looked up with an exasperated look, silently asking him what his goal was 'She's here. In the castle, isn't she.' The man lashed out 'You kept it from us, you went searching for her, without usΕίσαι τέρας, περισσότερο από εμένα.' He spat, his fury flowing effortlessly from his body like steam 'So, where have you hidden her? The dungeons? Perhaps you've shut her in the clock tower; that would be very much like you, wouldn't it? You realise how much I despised the idea in the first place.'

'You are such a fool, the thought of her Wing never occurred to you? My my, Marcus. I thought you were supposed to be the wise one of us all, yet you are blinded by rage, hatred.' Aro countered, attempting to manipulate the brother he had, he would not be perceived as the villain, he was the one who actually went out to rescue her.

'Does Caius know?' Marcus chose to ignore the rest of his brothers words after he had spoken the first sentence, eager to know if he had been the only one whom had been hidden from the truth his brother held

'You think he would still be having several paroxysms of pure rage around the castle if he did? I never told either of you because I knew you would both rush to Katherine and overwhelm her.' Aro answered, his annoyed expression still painted on his face as he remembered he would now need yet another new desk.

'Hand me her necklace, Aro.' Marcus held out his hand demandingly as he awaited the piece of jewellery in his palm 'You are not the one who deserves to be holding onto it.' He whispered as the chain of metal came into contact with his icy skin, he clutched the necklace in his palm, inhaling deeply as the strong scent of Katherine still lingered upon the item.

Aro had journeyed out to the Eastern wing later that afternoon in search of his other brother, over the time she had been gone, Caius's two sides - the beast and his usual-self,  had been more active in their changes than usual. Most days, he sat staring at her portrait, his eyes never leaving it, missing trials was now common for him when his beast was not alive, and when it was it was as deadly as ever.

Meanwhile, Katherine sat in her quarters yet again, flicking over the delicate pages of the novel sat in her lap as she sat by the fire, hearing the crackle of the flames soothed her body, relaxing it into the leather seat she found herself in. Her peace was soon disturbed by a commotion outside of the doors, presumably somebody arguing with Timothee, Felix and Demetri on the other side of the walls. Their tone was orderly to begin with, yet the more refusal they gained, the more the anger in their voice grew.