Chapter 1 - The Remnants

"I hate this!" He grumbled.

"Relax. You're lucky to be alive." I murmured as I ran my hands through his silky dark hair whilst he scowled.

"That bastard is lucky he got a quick death. He deserved a long, torturous one."

"Stop draining your energy thinking about him. He is not worth it at all."

"He just had to shoot him!" Vinchenzo hissed as he tried moving out of his bed.

"Stop." I commanded before tossing him the pamphlet with all the physical therapy exercises, he had to do today for his arm.

It had been six months since the incident with Diego. Six incredibly long months. Christmas, New Years, Vinchenzo's birthday and my birthday had all passed yet I celebrated none of them. I had been looking forward to enjoying my time, celebrating my engagement yet fate would not have it as such. The way things ended wasn't what I had pictured. They weren't what I wanted either. I sighed as I looked at the frame, I had brought with me, it was of my father and Claire. The most recent photo they had taken.

"I hate seeing you like this." Vinchenzo whispered as he sat up and walked to the little plush chair I was sitting on.

"I miss him. I miss him so much it hurts." I said as tears started rolling down my face, "I don't know how I am going to cope. He was supposed to walk me down the aisle, he was supposed to be the best grandfather to my kids, he was supposed to tell me more stories about mom!" I said as I sobbed into Vinchenzo's chest.

"I know. I understand how you feel." He said as he rubbed my back, "I will be eternally grateful to your father. He was a hero."

I nodded before wiping tears, "He really was. Thank you for saying a eulogy."

"It is the least I could have done. Ethan was and is still dear to my heart."

I sobbed a little more before I stood up and went to the bathroom. I splashed cold water on my face and sighed when I looked in the mirror. My eyes were sunken in with dark undereye circles. My red hair way frizzy and my shirt hadn't been changed in days. I didn't know how Vinchenzo could still sit next to me looking like this. I now truly understood what it meant when people would say that what was on the inside would always reflect on the outside.

"Red?" Vinchenzo whispered as he leaned against the door, "Claire's maid just called us for breakfast."

"I don't want." I said immediately.

"You haven't properly eaten in three days! It is not healthy for you to keep going like this."

"I don't care. What I care about is the fact that I have no parents. They are both dead. Both because of the same thing... mafia families and their unending greed."

"I am so sorry, Red. I wish I could have died in his place. I really do, you don't deserve any of this pain."

I shook my head with tears welling in my eyes again, "Don't say that, Vinchenzo. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I couldn't bare to lose you either. I just wish no one except Diego died on that awful night."

Vinchenzo sighed before he pulled me into a one arm hug. Vinchenzo had been badly injured too.

"No!" I screamed as I heard a loud gunshot echo.

I squeezed my eyes shut and when I opened them, I was shocked to see both Diego and three of his men on the floor dead. Someone had shot them. Vinchenzo lay on the floor cradling his chest and I ran to him. The guards that had been holding me down had been shot too. I sighed with relief when I saw that Vinchenzo was alive, but a nasty bullet had hit him near his heart.

"No! No!" I whimpered as I ripped a off my shirt off and pushed it tightly against the wound. It absorbed so much blood so quickly.

"Call an ambulance!" I cried.

Moments later I heart a gut-wrenching scream and when I turned around, I felt like passing out. It was my father, with blood pouring out of his head. Claire was leaning over him, shaking him but there was no response. I ran over to him the minute Sienna was able to come through the door and hold the clothe against Vinchenzo.

"Dad!" I said as I shook him. He had to wake up. He just had to.

"Dad!" I yelled again as my shaking became more frantic.

"Arianna!" I heard Trevor yell in the distance, but I didn't care.

"Dad wake up! Please!" I whimpered as I watched Claire sob next to his body. She was holding a piece of his shirt against his head as she brushed his sweaty hair off his face.

"Ethan." She whispered as she tapped him.

"Arianna, you have to move." Trevor said again and I flicked his arm off my shoulder.

"No!" I screamed, "No! Stay with me."

"Arianna!" Vinchenzo said waving his hand in front of my face making me jump slightly.

"Yes?" I asked dazed.

"Are you recalling...?" He asked trailing off and I nodded.

I often had nightmares about that night. The ghastly injuries Vinchenzo and my dad sustained were because of me. Although Claire repeatedly told me that I couldn't have known, I still felt responsible. Diego was there for me, not for my dad or Vinchenzo. They were the victims in this situation.

"Red, please have something small." Vinchenzo said as he walked out of the room whilst beckoning for me to follow him. My appetite wasn't existent these days. I had a couple of bites here and there but they all tasted the same, like nothing.

I sighed but nodded. When we reached the living room, Claire was seated at the head of the table dressed in all black. She was still in mourning, and I didn't blame her. Honestly, she had to be the most selfless person I have ever met. Even though I was the reason for her husband's death, she still cared for me as though I was her own daughter. I appreciated that more than anything.

Breakfast all looked bland to me. No one spoke. No one ate much anyways. The whole room was filled with gloom, with sadness. I was to blame. Claire was dressed in black, her hair thrown into a messy bun, her face was unnaturally pale and concerning, her eyes looked as though they had significantly sunk back into her sockets.

"Arianna. Please... have one more bite." She whispered and I complied.

Although the food smelt amazing, I felt as though my tastebuds were numbed. The only thought on my mind for the past six months was dad is dead. 

Hey Reddies!

The first chapter is officially out and I couldn't be more excited to continue Arianna and Vinchenzo's story! 

A small question, what were your assumptions after the last chapter of Reds Revenge? 

Make sure that you leave all your thoughts and predictions in the comment section, and vote if you liked this chapter <3 Here's to the beginning of the final journey!

XOXO

Perla