Chapter 23 - Happy Endings

"Vinchenzo?" I asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to let you know that we are going to San Vito Lo Capo." He said.

I nodded before I turned back to Sienna in shock, "You dated the heir to the mafia?"

Sienna nodded, "At the time I didn't know it. I had no idea what his father did, all I knew was that they owned a huge corporation and Luca had to work there in the summer to take over. I had no idea."

"So, he lied to you the whole time." I stated and she nodded.

"It's unfortunate but I am over it now. I hate to think about it, but I have come a very long way." She said and I jumped up and pulled her in for a hug.

"You are one of the strongest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, Enna." I said and she remained silent.

When I finally pulled away, I noticed Vinchenzo standing at the door with a small frown on his face. He seemed to be deep in thought.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I am just remembering the events."

"For what it is worth, I think you did the right thing." I said.

Luca deserved it. Without a single doubt in my mind, he deserved it.

"I know." He nodded, "I wish Dante had found her sooner."

"You found me at the perfect time, Don. I am so grateful that you helped me out of the situation."

Vinchenzo nodded but remained silent.

I stood up and helped Sienna to her feet, "Let's go get ready for the beach."

"I will be waiting in the car." Vinchenzo said and I nodded with a smile.

Sienna and I walked in silence to my room. I opened the closet and found that there were three brand new swimsuits sitting in a small pink basket on a shelf. There were 2 bikinis, one red and one black and then there was a one piece which was black but with silver studs.

"Which one?" I asked her and held up each piece.

"We can twin with these." Sienna said pointing at the red and black bikinis.

I nodded my head and tossed the black one to her, "Here. I'll take the red one."

Sienna grinned, "We need to take photo's!"

"We do indeed." I said as I headed to the bathroom and grabbed my sunscreen. I lathered it all over my body and had Sienna help me put it on my back. Then she did the same and I helped her with her back.

"Are you excited?" Sienna asked as she braided her golden hair.

"Incredibly. I saw the beach yesterday, but it was dimly lit. It looked magnificent."

"It is."

"Have you been to San Vito Lo Capo?" I asked.

She shook her head, "Only to Sampieri and Isola Bella. San Vito Lo Capo is the most beautiful is what I have heard."

I nodded, "Then I am definitely excited!"

Sienna grinned and I walked out the bathroom to allow her some privacy to change into the swimsuit. I knew a lot of girls didn't mind changing in front of each other, but even in high school I was that one girl that would run to the bathroom just to get a cubicle to change my clothes. I didn't really like changing in front of other people because it simply made me uncomfortable.

I quickly slipped out of my current clothes and slipped on the red swimsuit. I walked to the full-length mirror in the corner of the room and admired the look. The swimsuit was very trendy. The top had a little twist in the front and the bottoms had two little bowties on either side of my waist. The bowties could not be undone as they were just a nonfunctional design.

I grinned and headed to grab my sunglasses and matching cover up. I decided to leave my hair loose but grabbed a hair tie and put it around my wrist just in case. I then grabbed a duffel bag I found and tossed three blankets, a bottle of sunscreen and a bottle of water. It was then that Sienna walked out of the bathroom.

"Ready?" I asked as I watched her adjust the slip on in front of the full length mirror.

"Yeah. Did you pack everything?"

I nodded, "I did."

We then both headed out of the room and met Vinchenzo at the car. He was sitting in the driver's seat and Dante was next to him. I had honestly forgotten that Dante was even here, I wasn't seeing him around much. I knew the Borgati twins had left because their father had summoned them. Francesca was already sitting in the back seat typing away on her phone.

"Are we ready to go?" Vinchenzo asked as both Sienna and I climbed into the back as well.

"Absolutely." I grinned as he started reversing put the driveway.

"Can we please play some music?" Francesca asked as we hit the road and began the trip.

"Connect," Vinchenzo said as he tapped away at the screen.

Within a few seconds loud upbeat music began playing. It was a nice distraction from my mind. I needed some time to process what Sienna had just told me prior to this trip. As I thought about the vivid scar on her back, a shiver passed through my entire body. I hated my imagination for showing me what could have possibly happened, but I hated Luca Stalias even more. I hated the entire Stalias family and Sienna's story made me hate them even more.

Hate is a such strong word, Arianna. My mother would have said and she was right, hate was a strong word but it was not strong enough to describe the way I feel about the Stalias family, the way I felt about the Domano family, and every single thing in between.

I wanted to redeem to myself. I wanted to redeem Vinchenzo. I longed for nothing more than a happy ending and I was determined to get it.

Hey Reddies!

I hope you are all having an awesome Friday thus far! 

If you liked this chapter, please consider leaving a vote and comment letting me know your thoughts!

XOXO

Perla