Chapter 7 - Paralyzing Shock

I stilled.

That voice. I recognised it from somewhere. As I turned around slowly to face my captor in the dimly lit room, the brilliant blue eyes stood out.

"Vran?" I muttered feeling incredibly dizzy.

"It's me."

"What... what are you doing here? Aren't you in jail? In the basement?" I asked.

"I am right in front of you."

I shook my head as I backed away from him. I hated being around him, he had hit me with his car intentionally. He was a bad person. He would hurt me again.

"How did you escape?" I stated fighting the feeling of nausea.

I wanted to cry. I felt so broken as I recalled the pain I experienced when I was in the hospital for so long. I wanted him gone forever.

"I didn't. They set me free and sent me here to help you."

I didn't believe him.

"You're lying."

Vinchenzo would make sure his life was hell after he knocked me out. Vinchenzo loved me. He would do anything to keep me from feeling pain. He loved me.

Vran loved you too, yet he still hit you with his car. An intruding thought entered my mind as I backed away some more.

"You can ask him yourself, Arianna."

I shook my head, "This is your plan to distract me. You're going to hurt me the minute I take the phone from you. I am not stupid."

Vran shrugged, "Well you either come with me or you stay here and... get blown to pieces."

"Bomb?"

"Eliza set the whole place up."

"And Vinchenzo knew?"

"He did. He sent me to get you."

What if it's a set up? A way to get me to leave the space I was in? What if Eliza and her gang broke him out of the basement?

"Okay. But I will knock you out if you do anything suspicious."

Vran nodded his head and turned around and began walking down the corridor. I followed him but kept some distance between us. I watched his movement like a hawk, there was no way he was going to be able to do anything to me. I would hit him where it mattered if he even tried.

As we passed multiple rooms I watched as he crouched down and beckoned for me to do the same. I followed suit and mere seconds later, Francesca walked past with a smirking Eliza. What was Francesca doing here?

I looked at Vran who was just as confused. He gave me a funny look before he got up and ran with me on his heels. Once we were outside, he released a series of coughs before I noticed Vinchenzo's silhouette approaching.

"I got her." Vran coughed out.

"We saw Francesca inside." I told him.

Vinchenzo nodded, "I know. We're just making sure that Eliza gets the fate she deserves."

"You're blowing her up too?"

Vinchenzo didn't respond.

"Did you find Gianni?"

"He is sedated and in the car. He wouldn't come with us."

I sighed. Gianni could be stubborn. Often when I thought of him, I always had an image a of a little kid stumbling around and trying his best to explore the world at his fingertips.

I knew how hard the entire situation was for Vinchenzo, too. He wanted Gianni involved. He wanted to tell Gianni everything and not leave him in the dark but he couldn't because the shock and trauma he may experience might be negative.

As Vinchenzo, Vranchesco and I walked to the parked car in silence I couldn't help but feel strange. Never once did I think that Vinchenzo would allow Vranchesco on a rescue mission. As I watched their interaction with one another in Italian, I knew that they were more than well acquainted with one another.

Although I couldn't understand much of what they were saying, it sounded like brotherly banter. However, it made me realise one really important thing. Vran was not in the dungeon all this time like I had assumed him to be. I thought he was locked away. I was almost certain that he had been out running errands for Vinchenzo. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinchenzo made Vran his beta or at least one of the cappo.

'Family comes first. Always. No matter what.'  Vinchenzo always says. As soon we reached the dark car, I saw Francesca running out to us across the lawn. I knew it was her because I could see her long hair flying out behind her and the small knife she carried around in her jacket was reflecting the dim light of the full moon that had made an appearance tonight.

"Is it done?" Vinchenzo asked as soon as she climbed in the back and sat with me and Gianni.

"It's done."

As soon as those words left her mouth, the tires of the car squealed as we jolted forward and without a second glance we raced out of the parking space.

"What about your car? The one that we came in?" I asked.

"Trevor moved it out already." Vinchenzo said as he looked at me through the rear view mirror. I gave him a small smile but otherwise remained silent.

"Did we get one?" Vranchesco asked.

"We did." Vinchenzo answered, "I have sent them to the dungeon with Trevor."

"Arianna should be the one to question them." Francesca said and I looked at her shocked.

"What?"

Hey Reddies!

I hope you have been having a good week. I'm sorry it slipped my mind to update yesterday!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you did please consider voting and leaving a comment!

Xoxo
Perla