Chapter 20 - Romancing Red

"Did you enjoy today?" He asked me and I nodded with a smile.

"I did. I learned a lot. I did not know that you were so interested in Greek mythology." I commented.

"My mom loved it." He said, his eyes twinkling at the thought of his mother, "Everything I know, my mom taught to me. She was very passionate about it."

"You are passionate too." I smiled.

He nodded, "I guess I must have inherited that from her."

I smiled but said nothing. As soon as we reached the car, Vinchenzo opened the door for me like the gentleman he was. I slipped in and breathed a sigh of relief. According to my phone, I had walked twenty-one thousand steps today.

"Where are we going next?" I said feeling rather excited.

"We are going to an Italian restaurant next." He smiled as he began driving to the restaurant.

The ride was a short one and I caught a glimpse of the ocean but it was dark so I could not see much of it.

"Can we go to the beach?" I asked with a grin.

He nodded, "Of course! Tomorrow all of us will go and we will take my yacht out for a swim. She hasn't been used in a while."

"You own a yacht?" I said in shock.

What did this man not have? I thought to myself.

"I do. We will take it out and have a spin in the ocean." He told me and I nodded with a smile.

"That sounds exciting!"

"Small problem," I said.

"What happened?" he asked as he looked at me.

"I didn't bring any swimsuits with me."

"The closet is stocked." He assured me with a gentle smile as he pulled off the road and into a small parking lot.

"We have arrived." He grinned as he got out of the car.

I had already gotten out of the car when I saw him frown at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I hate it when you do that." He pouted as he walked closer to me and I laughed.

"Do what?"

"You know I like opening and closing your door."

"You don't always have to do it. I am not incapable of doing it myself." I said laughing at his expression. He looked like a cute puppy.

"I know you're not incapable, but I like doing it. My mother did raise me to be a gentleman you know." He said.

"And you are," I whispered as I stroked his cheek gently.

At that moment I saw his green eyes darken immediately. I sucked in a deep breath as I got lost in his eyes. Without notice, he crashed his lips down on mine. My stomach felt like it was going to explode in that second with all the butterflies that were in there. My palms were clenched, and my thoughts immediately dissipated into a bunch of nothing.

Suddenly he broke away and looked straight into my eyes, "I can't wait for you to be my wife, Red." He murmured.

I could not respond. I was so disorientated by what just happened.

"Vinchenzo!" A lady yelled and we jumped apart.

I knew for a fact that I was blushing just from how hot my cheeks felt.

"Aunty Giorgia!" He grinned as he greeted the woman who appeared to be around her late fifties. She had traces of dark brown hair amongst her silver hair and green eyes that were almost as beautiful as the ones that Vinchenzo had.