planet 13 cuddles (edited)

Sanemi stopped by the butterfly estate per usual, you now had only a week until you could leave and you could not wait. While yes the people here were the only ones that were there for you when you had nowhere else to go you couldn't bring yourself to like it there. You loved the butterfly girls but the smells, the sounds, the bed, the clothes, everything there reminded you of the past.

"Sanemi!" You jumped out of your bed and fell onto your head. At this point Shinobu was only keeping you there as punishment... And maybe your clumsiness as well. This kind of thing wasn't uncommon, you had a history of breaking the rules and getting in trouble all the time."I only have 1 more week here!"

"Yeah I know Y/N" he patted your head to make sure you were okay "I can't wait for you to get out of here, every time I see that butterfly bitch I want to bash her face in" he mentioned with a look of frustration

"I know that she is keeping me for way longer than needed but don't do that to Shino-chan" you pleaded pulling him over to the bed you were given. Next to it was an end table where you kept your journal and a random bowl of ramen. "She has her reasons for keeping me here so all we can do is get over it" you tried to pull him onto the bed only to fail miserably "let's just spend time together until you have to leave for the day" he looked a bit sad

"That's why I'm here, Im being sent on a mission, I have to leave soon." He sat down on the bed. "I wanted you to know I won't be stopping by tomorrow and possibly the day after"

"I don't want you to go, but since it's a mission Just try not to get hurt" you grabbed the bowl of ramen.

"I won't"

"Says your scars" you take a bit slurp of ramen filling the silence of Sanemi constructing a comeback.

"You are the one who has yet to be discharged because they fought 2 of the 12 Kizuki, specifically lower 1 and upper 3 in one night and got punching in the gut"

You slurped your ramen "don't change the subject nemi"

"I won't get hurt, Im not weak"

"So you are saying I'm weak?"

Sanemi pat your head "yes"

"If I'm not mistaking I have won significantly more of our spars."

"I was going easy"

"Says your scars"

You and Sanemi bickered for a bit and ended up cuddling.

Your head was buried in his chest and he had his arms wrapped around you. "I love you y/n"

Your face flushed "I l-love you too nemi" you buried your face further in his chest.
"I don't want you to leave"

"I promise I will be back soon" he rubbed your back "I have to leave in about 20 minutes, I should be back within 3 days max"

He lifted your head to look at you with his left hand "don't miss me too much"

"No promises" you buried yourself in his chest once again, taking in his smell.

"Hey, y/n I'll be fine you know by now that I'll be sure to come home to you."

"I know but that doesn't change the fact that I'm going to miss you." You dug your head deeper into his chest with a tiny "hmph"

Sanemi moved you to be on top of him and wrapped his arms around your waist. "How about we stay like this until I have to go?" He began to rub your back feeling the bandages that were still wrapped around your stomach. "How does the injury feel?"

You moved your head so you were facing him "it hurts, really bad but I've gone through worse when I was younger so I'll be okay"

"When?" He asked with a bit of worry.

"It was when I met Shino. I was sixteen at the time. Very long and um... Painful story but in short my um..."

"Hey take your time, you don't need to rush" he started playing with your hair to help you calm down.

"Right before the final selection my entire family was turned into demons. I came home late from the town and got attacked. I almost lost my shoulder and obviously my arm with it. Some of the nerves got severed and damaged so I can't use that arm properly" you looked at him "but clearly I'm strong enough as is. I am a hashira after all"

"My family was also attacked by a demon"

"Oh"

My dad was already dead. He got what he deserved for being a peice of shit. But my mom had to work hard to support us. One day she came home late so I went to find her. I started heading home because one of the shop owners said that he saw her walking home. When I got there she was a demon and had attacked my siblings. I ended up fighting her until daylight and only genya survived that night."

"Oh, I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I can only imagine how painful that was for you. I don't have any epic demon fighting story like that."

You heard a small hum from him. "I couldn't bear the pain of losing everything. I gave in and almost killed myself. If it weren't for Kanae, Shino's older sister then I would be dead right now" you pulled down the collar of your shirt to show the scar on your neck, tracing your fingers over it as the memories flooded in "I nearly ended my life using my mother's blade"

He moved your hand away and pulled you into a hug, rubbing his hand up and down your back "what's happened has happened. We can't change it so the best thing to do is to move on"

"I love you" you tightened the hug and looked in his eyes "I love you so much Sanemi"

END
WORD COUNT: 1023
EDITED: 07/24/2023