planet 22 memories (unedited)

Words:1050

Y/n l/n was a young girl, she lived near a fairly large village. Her father died when she was young. She lived with her two brothers and sisters. One brother and sister was older, the other brother and sister were younger. Her mother was a very strong woman.

In their small house, located in the forest there were always two blades displayed. One was a purple color while the other was peach. She would always ask her mother the story of the blades.

Every time she would ask her mother would wear a sad expression and say "you will understand one day, you aren't old enough to understand it yet".

The day that she had turned 14 she was finally told the story. "These blades" her mother paused "were me and your father's. We were demon slayers"

"Demon slayers? Does that mean demons are real?"

"Yes, yes they are y/n darling." A tear fell from her eyes as she embraced the girl "and they are the reason your father is no longer with us".

"Mom?"

"Yes y/n"

"Could you train me?" She paused "I want to avenge him"

"Are you sure? It is dangerous, you could die any day?"

"I am sure." She smiled "your still alive right"

From that day on the girl began to train to be a demon slayer she was taught the same breathing used by her mother, space breathing.

A month before the final selection she headed into town for a bit. She decided to but gifts for everyone in the family just in case she were to die in the selection.

The sun had begun to set but it would be ok, her mother was a slayer before and y/n had her father's blade with her just in case.

It was around midnight when she began to enter the forest, a metallic scent filling her nose. She ran to her house, hoping that nothing happened.

When she arrived all she saw was blood. The bodies had clearly been moved. Suddenly she was attacked from behind, a claw digging deep into her right shoulder.

Y/n screamed from the pain, quickly unsheathing he blade to attack the demon but she was stopped when she saw her mother, along with all of her siblings who were residing in the trees. Her elder sister struck her legs, making it nearly impossible to walk.

The girl's voice shook "m..mom? Kyoro? Senro? Shiku? M..iteru?" The grip on her sword loosened for a second. She stumbled backwards, her shoulder was throbbing, her legs were struggling to hold her up and the last thing she wanted to do was have to kill her family.

She dropped her sword and dropped to her knees, tears soiling the ground. "Just kill me" she muttered "just kill me!" She reached for her sword in a state of hysteria and placed it on her neck, ready to end it.

she had begun to slit her throat

Suddenly a demon slayer came along, hitting her sword against the girls and knocking it out of her hand. "I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner, I suppose they were your family?" The slayer asked. She had long black hair, a butterfly hairpin on either side accompanied by her butterfly haori.

Y/n's throat was bleeding badly, everything was hazy as the world spun before she passed out.

When she woke up she was in a room, her neck, legs and shoulder had been bandaged and there was was two girls next to her. The slayer, later known to the girl as kanae along with her younger sister Shinobu were both there.

She tried to talk, to get their attention however she must have damaged her vocal chords. Instead she lifted her left arm and slammed it down on the ground. This got their attention instantly

"Hello there, how do you feel?" Kanae asked. Y/n once again lifted her left arm and this time pointed at her throat then a thumbs down.

"Ah, I see. It makes sense, if I had been even half a second later you would have actually killed yourself"

The events of that night came rushing through her head as her eyes began to water. "I made them graves, if you would like I could take you once you heal"

She have her a thumbs up. Suddenly she panicked. What day was it, did y/n miss the selection. She quickly lifted her left arm and tapped her right wrist, asking for the time.

"Are you asking what day it is?" Kanae asked to which she quickly gave a thumbs up. "It's been 5 days since I met you" she had a sense of relief in her eyes. "Considering your blade is Nichirin but you do not have the uniform I would assume you are waiting for the final selection?"

The girl responded with a thumbs up. "Well you have 4 weeks to be ready for the selection, let's hope you heal by then" kanae smiled.

"We never introduced ourselves, I'm kanae Kocho and this is my sister Shinobu. I'm the flower hashira and Shinobu here became a slayer about a year ago"

The girl was shocked, she had met a hashira. She made writing motions, asking for a piece of paper which she quickly received. She began writing.

"My name is y/n l/n

Did you perhaps know anyone by the name of f/n(father name)

Maybe m/n(mother name) as well?"

Kanae quickly read from the paper. "I remember them, my late master and his wife, I suppose you are there kid, they used to talk about you all the time" she sat there, remembering her time with the girls parents. "I'm sure he would be glad knowing that I not only met you and protected you but that I will now take you under my wing"

The girl smiled and gave a thumbs up, clearly accepting the offer before writing on the paper

"I would love to be your apprentice kanae" was what y/n wrote.

"Well then I guess that makes it official, we just recently took in a girl named Kanao Tsuyuri, I'm sure the two of you would get along."

And from that day on, y/n trained under Kanae

Until......