planet 26 part 1 A Loving Gesture (unedited)

this is short, I just feel like this chapter has a better ending that way, part two will be the usual length but yeah

Words: 436

Your eyes began to water as tears fell from your eyes "where.... Where did you find it?"

"It was in my sister's room, I decided to clean it out to help me properly get over her death"

"Thank you" you paused to look up at her and smile "thank you so much" you held the katana close to you.

"It's no problem really, well Im guessing you have some kind of plans so you can go ahead now, this is all I needed you for" she gave her usual close eyed smile.

You thanked her again before leaving with Sanemi

"So, what is up with the katana?"

"It's my father's, he died fighting a demon when I was young and when the rest of my family was turned into demons it went missing I guess." You continued "kanae probably kept it for when I was properly over their deaths as well as because he was her mentor"

"Well, where do you want to put it?"

"I'll display it in my living room, the same way that it was before"

"So we do that then go to my place to clean up?"

"Yep"

You walked to your estate, hugging the katana the whole time. If you were being honest you didn't want to let it go but it wouldn't be good for you to cling to the past, you should honor and remember but you also need to let it go and move forward.

You placed the katana the same way it was displayed at your old home, next to your mother's katana.

Hers had a black saya with small white designs such as planets and stars. The blade was a deep purple, the handle was black and purple and had a peach tassel as well as the same tsuba that was on your fathers blade.

Kanae had given you the blade for the final selection and you kept in ever since. It brought you a sense of relief to see the two blades together again "they are back together now" a tear fell from your eyes as you admired the blades.

"Yes, yes they are" Sanemi took your blade from your side and placed it in the same position as your mother's before taking his and placing it the same as your fathers.

You laughed a bit at the gesture before holding face and pulling him in for a kiss.

"I love you so much y/n"

"I love you too Sanemi"